Newly released publications
The Contribution of GMH Elizabeth Operations to the South Australian economy and the Potential Impacts of Closure - Updated Assessment 2013
(5 November 2013)
Select titles below for brief descriptions and click images to view publications.
- Unmasking Austerity - Lessons for Australia
Austerity policies have fuelled the fire of recession rather than stimulated growth. As a consequence nearly 5.5 million young people are now out of work in Europe and unemployment has reached crisis levels. This is the first of three papers that will examine austerity strategies in Europe and the US and assess their economic and social effects. Subsequent briefings will examine the importance of alternative policies to reconstruct the economy and the public sector. The report has been prepared with assistance from the Don Dunstan Foundation and the Public Service Association of SA.Released: August 2013
- Learner Representation and Advocacy in VET: Final Report
- Learning from Returning III: Return to Work Fund 2011-2012
The Return to Work (RTW) Fund was established by the WorkCoverSA Board in June 2008, with $15 million to implement initiatives that contribute to the improved return of injured workers to work. The last three years has seen considerable success and learning from the activities of the RTW Fund.
Released: August 2012
- Rural Landholder Attitudes toward Climate Change in South Australia: Acceptability, Vulnerabilities and Responses
- Australia's parental leave policy and gender equality: an international comparison
- Learner Case Management in VET and Other Tertiary Education: A Literature Review
- The Mutation of Privatisation - A critical assessment of new community and individual rights
- 'Modern' Labor and the Fair Work Act: Challenging the male breadwinner gender order?
- The Energy to Engage: Wind Farm Development and Community Engagement in Australia
- The Workforce Retention Dividend - Valuing Knowledge and Skills in the Public Sector Workforce
- Age for a Change - Ageing and public sector renewal in the 21st century