Skip to content
- Animal Liberation
Written by P. Singer. 2nd edition. Published in 1990 by Thorsons, London. ISBN 0-7225-2415-3. 320 p.
- Animal Welfare in New Zealand
Published in 2009 by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (now the Ministry for Primary Industries).
- Codes of Recommendations and Minimum Standards, NAWAC
Resource for teachers. The National Animal Welfare Advisory Committee (NAWAC) of the Ministry for Primary Indus tries has produced numerous codes outlining the minimum standards which are currently acceptable to the informed New Zealand public and make recommendations to ensure good animal welfare.
- Control of New Zealand Animal Pests.
A resource kit for higher secondary school biology students. A research report written by K. Brown in 1991. Available through the Catalogue, Science library, Otago University, Dunedin, New Zealand.
- Ethical Guidelines for Students in Laboratory Classes Involving the Use of Animals or Animal Tissues, New Zealand,
Using animals or their tissues in laboratory classes is a privilege which brings with it responsibilities that go well beyond the need to avoid cruelty to the animals. This pamphlet gives some advice to help students and teachers meet these responsibilities and to help them gain maximum benefit from using animals in laboratory classes. The pamphlet is available on the ANZCCART NZ website under Resource Links on the Animal Ethics in NZ Schools page.
- Environmental Enrichment for Captive Animals
(Robert J Young) 2003, ISBN 0 632 06407 2.UFAW/Blackwell Publishing.
- Ethics, Animals and Science.
Written by K. Dolan. Published in 1999 by Blackwell Science in Edinburgh. ISBN 0-632-05277-5. 287 p.
- From Guinea Pig to Computer Mouse
Alternative methods for a humane education. (U. Zinko, N. Jukes, C Gericke) 1997. EuroNiche.
- Kinds of Minds – Towards an Understanding of Consciousness
Written by D. C. Dennett . Published by HarperCollins, New York in 1996. ISBN 0-297-81546-6. 184 p.
- Physiology and Behaviour of Animal Suffering,
(Neville G Gregory) 1994 ISBN 0 632 06468 4. UFAW/Blackwell Publishing.
- Taking Animals Seriously – mental life and moral status. Written by D. De Grazia. Published by Cambridge University Press, United Kingdom in 1996. ISBN 0-521-56760-2(pkb).
- The Alternatives to Dissection Resource Kit.
A practical aid for secondary school teachers. Published by SAFE, NZ. (Save animals from exploitation).
- The Unheeded Cry – Animal Consciousness, Animal Pain and Science.
Written by B. E. Rollin. Published in 1989 by Oxford University Press, Edinburgh. ISBN 0-19-217765-6. 308 p.