Calling all alumni
Alumni from around Australia and overseas are encouraged to attend the University of Adelaide's first Alumni Forum.
To be held next month over two mornings (4-5 September), the event will feature a mix of sessions, speaker panels and social events - all aimed at enhancing the relationship between the University, its graduates, staff and students.
Hosted by Development and Alumni, the forum is aimed at any student, staff (former or current) or graduate who has an interest in alumni relations.
In line with the University's Alumni Relations Strategic Plan, alumni forums will be held every two years to:
- Provide information on alumni trends and innovative programming;
- Showcase best practice in alumni programming;
- Provide opportunities for alumni to give feedback to the University of Adelaide on its Alumni Relations Strategic Plan;
- Provide opportunities for interaction between graduates, University staff and students;
- Highlight current achievements and future developments at the University of Adelaide;
- Increase the profile of the University through a prominent alumni speaker series.
The Vice-Chancellor and President of the University of Adelaide, Professor James McWha, will be joined by other senior University managers to outline their views on the role of alumni.
Many of the sessions will involve a panel of speakers and each session will provide an opportunity for alumni to ask questions and share their own experiences. A social program, including University tours and a winery tour, is also on the agenda.
Distinguished alumnus Dr Cheong Choong Kong, Chairman of the OCBC (Singapore), and former CEO of Singapore Airlines, will speak at the Alumni Gala Dinner on Friday 4 September as part of this year's prominent alumni speaker series.
Dr Cheong has played a significant role in shaping the corporate world in Singapore. He also takes on other quite different roles - acting in TV sitcoms and movies. How he combines these two fascinating worlds will be a focus of his address.
To support student participation, sponsored places are available for University of Adelaide students to attend the morning sessions and lunches associated with the Forum.
For more information, including the full program, registration, and student sponsorship information, visit: www.alumni.adelaide.edu.au/forum or call Development and Alumni on +61 8 8303 5800.
Story by Kim Harvey