Data, Statistics and IT Services
AHTA work closely with health and medical researchers by providing advice on study design, data collection and management systems, and statistical analysis.
Our experienced biostatisticians and data managers provide study design and analysis services to enhance the handling and quality of research data to inform clinical regulatory and reimbursement decision-making. Our Research IT team designs and builds web-based management information systems for small to large scale research projects and have knowledge and experience building databases for complex datasets in health and medical research areas.
Read more below about our specialised services in Data, Design and Statistics and Research IT areas.
- Data, Design and Statistics Service
AHTA’s skilled statisticians, biostatisticians and data managers are experienced providing integrated data design and management and statistical services to support health and medical research and registry data. Statistical services we provide include advice on research project design and planning, assistance with the design and analysis components of ethics and grant applications, guidance on appropriate methods of data collection and management, as well as the hands-on analysis of existing datasets and interpretation of findings. We also provide:
- Custom research data management
- Skilled data entry and cleaning
- Statistical advice for study design and grant applications
- Sample size calculations
- Statistical methodological advice
- Statistical data analysis and reporting
- Data interpretation and manuscript preparation
To find out more about these services or to request a quote, please contact us.
Statistical support for staff and students
For eligible staff and students in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, we also provide a capped number of hours of free statistical support for research projects. Please see the statistical support guidelines for more information, complete a request form and contact us for an appointment.
- Research IT Service
AHTA’s Research IT team designs and builds custom and customisable web-based management information systems for small to large scale research projects. We offer a bespoke solution to data management from concept to reporting and have knowledge and experience building databases for complex datasets in health and medical research areas. Our capabilities also include database and SAS statistical software integration, creation of web-based randomisation systems and we offer secure, cloud-based data hosting with client portal access. Other services include:
Full scale web-based data management solutions
- Database design, implementation and reporting
- Cross-platform and cross-device portability
- Focused design for audience
- Custom and bespoke systems to perfectly match project requirements
- System support and recommendations
- Best practices for system design and reporting
Data rescue and transformation
- Repairing, upgrading and transforming existing data collections
- Upgrading to web-based management information system (MIS)
- Upsizing and meaningful reporting
Local secure data hosting and storage
- Third party application hosting
- Database storage with client portal access
- Customisable storage solutions
Research software support
- Third party software advice
- Configuration, build and extensions
- Help and training
- A tiered service based on randomisation type, size of study, level of support and reporting requirements
- Capable to interact with MIS or standalone
- Simple survey builder
- Or more complex with customisable data export
Basic or configurable data management portal
- Standard suite of management tools
- Configuration by IT or end-user
For a custom quote or to discuss service level options please contact us.