Responsible AI in Practice: Openness, Transparency and...Paint Stripping (ETIG Event)
- Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Location: Eleanor Harrald Building, Lecture Theatre, Frome Road, Adelaide
- Cost: Free
- More information: Register here
- Contact: Ali Anderson email@example.com
- Ellen Broad Guest speaker
As part of our AI Emerging Technology Interest Group, the Australian Institute for Machine Learning is delighted to be bringing data specialist, speaker and author, Ellen Broad, to Adelaide.
Ethical AI, transparent and accountable AI, are popular discussion topics at the moment. But how do we put these concepts into practice, and what are the challenges? How do we hold organisations accountable for poor practices without penalising positive applications? After writing about and implementing tools to try to tackle responsible AI for several years, Ellen found potential lessons for responsible AI in the most unusual of places: a DIY home renovation.
Tickets are free and and will go quickly - register here!