CPD Session: Board Responsibility for Corporate Culture
- Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019, 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Location: Court Room 8, Sir Samuel Way Building, 241/259 Victoria Square, Adelaide
- Cost: $25.00 per person (GST inclusive)
- Contact: Luke van Trigt Alumni Relations Officer - +61 488 996 579
- Email: email@example.com
- Mr Brendon Roberts QC Barrister, Bar Chambers
- Mr John Keeves Corporate Lawyer, Johnson Winter & Slattery
- Senior Lecturer Beth Nosworthy, Adelaide Law School
Please join us for the fourth John Bray Law Alumni Continuing Professional Development (CPD) session with guest speakers Mr Brendon Roberts QC, Mr John Keeves and Senior Lecturer Beth Nosworthy.
The past decade has seen a regulatory emphasis on ‘corporate culture’, particularly in the wake of the APRA review into the Commonwealth Bank of Australia and the Financial Services Royal Commission, affording it equal billing alongside corporate governance. This CPD session explores the definitional issues involved in ‘corporate culture’, the risk and exposure of the Board to responsibility for corporate culture, and the manner in which that manifests itself in D&O claims.