Art History and Curatorship Alumni Network
The Art History and Curatorship Alumni Network (AHCAN) is an Alumni Network for graduates of the Art History and Curatorial and Museum Studies programs offered jointly by the University of Adelaide and the Art Gallery of South Australia.
Membership to AHCAN is open to:
- Graduates of the postgraduate Art History and Curatorial and Museum Studies programs
- Graduates of undergraduate Art History courses
- Current and former staff in the Art History and Curatorial and Museum Studies programs
Professional development opportunities
AHCAN offer a range of professional development opportunities for emerging artist and curators.
This biennially scholarship aims to assist young graduates/emerging professionals to advance to the next stage of their careers.
The Art History and Curatorship Alumni Network was established on the 24th of November 2014 to facilitate contact and networking opportunities within alumni and also between alumni and current students.
AHCAN have been have been bringing together and engaging Art History and Curatorial and Museum Studies graduates, staff and students through network’s activities since 2015.
The Executive Committee currently consists of six alumni of the University who facilitate engagement opportunities for alumni, students, industry and community.
Terms of Reference
The Art History Alumni is open to all graduates, past students, current and former staff of Art History related courses at the University of Adelaide and in conjunction with The Art Gallery of South Australia. Interested people, who have an association with Art History related activities, may be invited to join the alumni network.
The Network aims to:
- Build a community of graduates, current and former staff of Art History related courses at The University of Adelaide and The Art Gallery of South Australia, including graduates, former students and staff of Art History related courses at The University of Adelaide and The Art Gallery of South Australia.
- Encourage achievement of the highest standards by supporting current students in their studies by facilitating contact with graduates through teaching and learning, research and professional development opportunities and to develop some tuition scholarships.
- Assist, when appropriate and requested, current students and graduates to organise social functions, such as an ‘Annual Alumni Event’ and ‘Reunions’, with the aim of building a stronger sense of personal connection with the University and fellow alumni.
- Perpetuate our distinctive brand by promoting and recognising excellence within The University of Adelaide and The Art Gallery of South Australia Art History related courses and the Art History alumni community.
- Be a source of support for The University of Adelaide and The Art Gallery of South Australia in the delivery and promotion of their Art History related courses.
- Encourage participation of people who work in the Art industry to strengthen The University of Adelaide’s and The Art Gallery of South Australia’s community and industry outreach in that sector.
Connect with us
Have your say
AHCAN was created by and for Art History and Curatorial and Museum Studies alumni. We want to hear what you want from your Network. How would you like to stay in touch and what kind of activities would encourage you to remain connected to your alma mater and fellow graduates? Send us your suggestions.