Art History and Curatorship Alumni Network (AHCAN)
The Art History and Curatorship Alumni Network is an alumni network for graduates of the Art History and Curatorial and Museum Studies programs offered by the University of Adelaide, previously in partnership with the Art Gallery of South Australia.
AHCAN activities are open to:
- Graduates of the postgraduate Art History and Curatorial and Museum Studies programs
- Graduates of undergraduate Art History courses
- Current and former staff in the Art History and Curatorial and Museum Studies programs
Professional development opportunities
AHCAN offer a range of professional development and networking opportunities.
The Art History and Curatorship Alumni Network was established in November 2014 to facilitate networking and professional development opportunities for alumni and current students.
AHCAN have been bringing together and engaging Art History and Curatorial and Museum Studies graduates, staff and students through the network’s activities since its inception.
The AHCAN Network Committee consists of volunteer alumni who facilitate and operate within curatorial and art historical fields. The committee works collaboratively with other industry organisations and leaders to deliver program activities.
AHCAN have been have been bringing together and engaging Art History and Curatorial and Museum Studies graduates, staff and students through network’s activities since 2015.
The Executive Committee currently consists of six alumni of the University who facilitate engagement opportunities for alumni, students, industry and community.
Terms of Reference
AHCAN is open to all graduates, past students, current and former staff of Art History and curatorship related courses at the University of Adelaide, previously offered in conjunction with The Art Gallery of South Australia. Interested people, who have an association with Art History related activities, are encouraged to participate in network events and activities.
The Network aims to:
- Encourage achievement of the highest standards by supporting current students in their studies and careers after study by facilitating contact with graduates through teaching and learning, industry networking and professional development opportunities.
- Assist, when appropriate current students and graduates to organise events and activities with the aim of building a stronger sense of personal and professional connection with the University and fellow alumni.
- Perpetuate our distinctive brand by promoting and recognising excellence within the University of Adelaide.
- Encourage participation of people who work in the GLAM sector (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums) to strengthen The University of Adelaide’s community and industry outreach in that sector.