AHCAN Emerging Curator Program
Call for proposals
Due Date – 5 pm on Tuesday 23 April 2019
The Art History and Curatorial Alumni Network (AHCAN), in partnership with Floating Goose Studios Inc, invite early-career curators to submit an exhibition proposal for the South Australian Living Artists (SALA) Festival 2019.
Applications are now open to graduates and current students of the Art History and Curatorial program at the University of Adelaide and are due by 5 pm on Tuesday 23 April 2019.
The Curator Program offers one AHCAN member the opportunity to develop an exhibition and extend their experience and professional networks.
The following costs and in-kind support will be provided by AHCAN and Floating Goose Studios, Inc.
- Gallery hire fees
- Opening night costs
- SALA registration
- Mentoring from AHCAN committee members – curatorial, grant writing, arts writing, gallery administration, industry insights and networking.
The Floating Goose Studios gallery is located at 271 Morphett Street, Adelaide. A floor plan can be found via floatinggoose.com.au/apply
- Proposals should demonstrate a focus on contemporary visual arts practice
- Innovative use of the gallery space
- Capacity for the curator to complete the project
In one document, applicants must include:
- Cover sheet including project title, your name and contact details, names of artist/s involved
- Project details including exhibition rationale, timeline and installation description (maximum 2 pages)
- Support materials including an image list with full details of work, artist’s confirmation, one page CV per artist, maximum 3 links to sound or audio visual work and up to 10 images
Please ensure that digital images are no larger than 1 MB, and are titled:
lastname_firstname_artwork name_year (e.g. Pablo_Picasso_Demoiselles_2018.jpeg)
curator name_exhibition name_gallery_year (e.g. Rings_Betty_A Vital Idea_Art Gallery of SA_2015.jpg)
Applications should be emailed to Eleanor Scicchitano, AHCAN Chair firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘AHCAN Curator Callout’
Submitting a proposal is not a guarantee of acceptance. Incomplete applications or proposals that do not adequately address the selection criteria will not be considered.
All enquiries should be directed to Melanie Cooper email@example.com