The Professional Certificate in Arbitration will appeal to highly motivated people in two main categories:
- those interested in gaining skills and knowledge in commercial arbitration, as a form of dispute determination, to enhance their business and professional knowledge and practices.
- those in professional practice who are likely to be sought after to provide expert advice and services as Arbitrators.
This postgraduate qualification will be attractive to a diverse range of applicants including: accountants, architects, engineers, doctors, lawyers, surveyors, and professionals involved in the construction, building, finance, insurance, mining and real estate industries.
The Professional Certificate in Arbitration is designed primarily for tertiary graduates, however non-degree applicants will be admitted on the basis of their recognised expertise and success in relevant employment, professional experience, trade or associated qualification. Please see full prerequisite and entry requirements.
The Professional Certificate is only open to international students who are already studying in Australia and meet the prerequisite and English language proficiency requirements for this program.
For programs in the Law School, providing documentation on any of the following can satisfy proof of English language proficiency:
- IELTS - Overall band score of 7.0 with a minimum band score of 7.0 in Writing and Speaking and 6.5 in Reading and Listening.
- TOEFL Paper Based – Score of at least 600 with a minimum score of 5.0 in TWE.
- TOEFL Internet Based – Total score of 94 with a minimum of 27 in writing, 23 in speaking and 20 in reading and listening.
- Pearson Test of English - Overall score of 65 with a minimum of 65 in Writing and Speaking and 58 in Reading and Listening.
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) - Overall score of 185 with a minimum of 185 in Writing and Speaking and 176 in Reading and Listening.
The Professional Certificate in Arbitration is a 6 unit program and not eligible for CRICOS registration. For further information on requirements for a student visa, please visit the Department of Home Affairs.