There are a number of scholarship programs assisting both Indigenous and non-Indigenous students to pursue studies in dental surgery or oral health.
Links to non-University of Adelaide scholarships will take you to external websites.
University of Adelaide Scholarships
- Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarships ‑ Indigenous Enabling (CAS‑IE)
- Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarships ‑ Indigenous Enabling (CECS‑IE)
- Indigenous Access Scholarship (IAS)
- Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarships (ICAS)
- Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarships (ICECS)
- Taplin Indigenous Bursary for International Education
- Other scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students at the University of Adelaide
Opportunities at Other Universities
- Charlie Perkins Scholarships: two annual postgraduate scholarships allowing talented Indigenous Australians to study at the University of Oxford.
- George Alexander Foundation: offers scholarships to study at certain universities around Australia, including to students facing financial barriers or from rural or regional areas of Australia.
- Shalom Gamarada Indigenous Scholarship Program: provides residential scholarships to Indigenous students at UNSW.
- Fulbright Indigenous Scholarship: open to an Indigenous Postgraduate or Postdoctoral scholar to undertake a research or study program in the United States, and is available in any field of study (see also scholarships for Australian citizens).
- Bachelor of Oral Health/Science Scholarship: available to third year students of Bachelor of Oral Health/Science at either La Trobe University or the University of Melbourne.
- Puggy Hunter Memorial Scholarship: available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are intending to undertake study or are undertaking study in an entry level qualification in an eligible health related discipline at an Australian university or TAFE (Certificate IV and above).
- Rowan Nicks Russell Drysdale Fellowship: designed to support individuals wanting to make a contribution in the area of Australian Indigenous Health and Welfare. The Fellowship particularly aims to support the development of workers and future leaders in Australian Indigenous Health and Welfare
- ADA Study Grants for Indigenous Dental Students/ ADA Study Grants for Rural and Remote Dental Students
- Rotary Indigenous Health Scholarship: assists Indigenous students to undertake a course in a wide range of health related professions.
- Services for Australian Rural and Remote Allied Health (SARRAH) manages five allied health scholarship streams under the Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme. These include assistance for undergraduates, postgraduates, clinical placement and continuing professional development.
- Sir Robert Menzies Scholarship in the Allied Health Sciences: open to graduates in any of the health sciences who have enrolled for a PhD in an Australian University and who have completed the first stage of their doctoral program.
For further information on scholarships we recommend:
- Joint Academic Scholarship Online Network (JASON) - Postgraduate Scholarship Database
- The Aspiration Initiative (TAI) is a joint initiative of the Aurora Project, the Charlie Perkins Trust and the University of Canberra.
- The Aurora Project
- The Lowitja Institute also keeps a list of scholarship opportunities. You can also subscribe to their newsletter, which includes information on scholarships