Oral Health Resources for Older People
On this page:
- General Dental Care for Older People
- Denture Information
The Dental Health Services Victoria website provides general dental advice for older people specially focussed towards older adults and carers.
The Oral Health for Older People page highlights the importance of maintaining good oral health, risk factors, oral hygiene advice, common myths, what to look out for, denture care and their information.
The Dental Care for Older People page contains oral health advice for older adults and links to brochures and a list of SA Dental Service community dental clinics, and special needs home visiting service.
Oral Hygiene and Decay Information - Dental Practice Education Research Unit - The University of Adelaide
This unit provides Oral Health Information Pamphlets including the following aimed at adults and older adults:
Dental Health Tips for Over 50's - Australian Dental Association
The ADA has provided a Dental Health Tips Fact Sheet directed to people aged over 50 years old.
The Denture Care page provides advice on dentures function, cleaning, maintenance, and issues that can arise.
This Caring for your Dentures and Partial Dentures brochure contains information regarding new dentures, eating and daily/weekly cleaning tips, sore spots, dry mouth, and denture fit.
The Australian Dental Association provides information for dentures wearers including:
- What are dentures?
- What is the difference between a denture and a crown or bridge?
- What steps are involved in getting a denture?
- How are dentures made?
- How long will I have to go without any teeth?
- How often should I have my dentures checked?
- Why does my denture need t be relined?
- How long after fitting can I keep going back to have my new dentures adjusted free of charge?
*Documents no longer available