Smoking and Oral Health
On this page:
- The Effect of Smoking on Your Mouth - Australian Government
- Smoking - Australian Dental Assocation
- Smoking and Oral Health - Dental Practice Education and Research Unit and the Colgate Special Topic Program
- Massachusett's Health Promotion Clearinghouse
- Smoking and Your Oral Health (brochure)- Tasmanian Department of Health and Human Services
The Effect of Smoking on Your Oral Health provides people with facts about the effect of smoking tobacco on individuals oral health. The page is referenced and contains links to peer reviewed publications and information regarding other referenced materials.
The Australian Dental Association presents information for the general public about the affect of smoking on oral health including gum disease and tooth loss, and oral cancers.
Smoking and Oral Health - Dental Practice Education and Research Unit and the Colgate Special Topic Program
View resources on Smoking and Oral Health on the Special Topics of the Dental Practice Education and Research Unit (DPERU) website.
The Massachusetts Government Tobacco Cessation and Prevention program includes brochures, fact sheets and other advice to help smokers to quit and signage and posters for people to discourage smoking in spaces.
The Tasmanian Department of Health and Human Services Smoking and Your Oral Health brochure encourages people to quit smoking by presenting images and breif information oral health effects of smoking such as gum disease, bone and tooth loss, oral lesions and cancers, as well as other effects and the benefits of stopping smoking.