Oral Health Resources for Young Adults and Adults
On this page:
- Patient Pamphlets - The Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health
- Dental Advice for Young Adults - Dental Health Services Victoria
- Dental Care for Teenagers and Young Adults - SA Dental Service
- Mouthguard Awareness Campaign - Australian Dental Association
- Child and Adolescent Oral Health Services page - Queensland Government
- Teenagers and Adults- Queensland Health
- Oral health for Teens and 20's - Colgate
Paitent Pamphlets - Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health (The University of Adelaide)
The Dental Practice and Education Unit of The Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health has produced a series of educational Patient Pamphlets for general public, including information on the topics such as:
- Young adult decay
- Controlling decay in your own mouth
- Fluoride and you
- Gum disease and periodontal health
- Oral hygiene
- Dental sealants
Dental Health Services Victoria also produce a number of fact sheets, tip cards and videos on a variety of topics including:
- Fact Sheet: Protecting Your Mouth – Mouth and Tongue Piercing
- Fact Sheet: Protecting Your Mouth – Tobacco, Alcohol and Recreational Drug Use
- Fact Sheet: Tobacco, Alcohol and Recreational Drugs –How Do They Affect Oral Health?
- DVD- A check-up for Oral Health: A health promotion DVD developed by Dental Health Services Victoria – provides a range of simple strategies for children and adults alike, in protecting their oral health.
This resource can be viewed on through the following links
For further information about the resource guide, email: email@example.com
The SA Dental Service provides information for teenagers and young adults to maintain good oral health. You may find the following resources of use:
The Australian Dental Association (ADA) holds an annual Mouthguard Awareness Campaign across the country. The ADA has developed some information sheets to help teachers, PE staff, coaches, parents and children understand how best to protect teeth against injury while participating in sport.
You can contact the ADA on (02) 9906 4412.
The Child and Adolescent Oral Health Services page provides information about the eligibility criteria for publicly funded oral health care through the Queensland Health Child and Adolescent Oral Health Services Program (previously School Dental Service).
The Oral Health for Teens and 20's page is a great resource for teenagers and young adults and includes tips and information on tooth decay, diet, bad breath, implications of taking medicines, oral piercings, sporting concerns, orthodontics and tooth whitening.