Oral Health Promotion for Young Adults and Adults
On this page:
- The Caries Control Program - Dental Practice Education Research Unit, The Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health (The University of Adelaide)
- Mouthguard Awareness - Australian Dental Association
- Colgate Bright Smiles Bright Futures
- Pamphlets and Fact Sheets - Queensland Health
- Smiles for Life: A National Oral Health Curriculum
Colgate Caries Program - Dental Practice Education Research Unit, The Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health (The University of Adelaide)
The Colgate Caries Control Program at The University of Adelaide includes Practice Information Sheets, Newsletters with Case Challenge, and Patient pamphlets on a range of topics including oral hygiene, caries control and periodontal disease.
Of particular relevance to young adults and adults are:
- Young adult decay
- Beating Rampant Decay
- Dental sealants
- Whose teeth are at risk?
- Fluoride and you
- Controlling decay in your own mouth
Practice Information Sheets:
- Strategies for caries management in general dental practice
- The challenges of rampant caries
- Sealants and caries control
- Continuing caries problems in specific community groups
- Fluorides and caries management
- Latest concepts of caries prevention -Planning for Prevention
- Current concept of caries - Nature and aetiology & clinical aspects of caries diagnosis
The ADA provides oral health advice through a series of frequently asked questions.
The Australian Dental Association (ADA) is holding its annual campaign to raise Mouthguard Awareness across the country. The ADA has developed some information sheets to help teachers, PE staff, coaches, parents and children understand how best to protect teeth against injury while participating in sport by using mouthguards.
Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® is a global oral health education program aimed at improving the oral health of children around the world through education and prevention. It has quite a few articles on teenager’s toddler’s oral health and wisdom teeth. The website has pages dedicated to teachers, dental professionals, parents and children.
The website has printable information sheets on a variety of topics including a mini-poster instructing the correct way to brush and floss teeth called brush better, floss better.
Queensland Health amongst other publications, through their Healthy Teeth for Life program produces pamphlets and fact sheets on a range of topics including:
- Bad Breath
- Oral Piercing
- Wearing Braces or a Plate
Queensland Health also provides information pages on a variety of topics, including:
- Tooth Decay
- Brushing and Flossing
- Dry Mouth
- Gum Disease
Smiles for Life: A National Oral Health Curriculum - Society of Teachers and Family Mediciine Group on Oral Health
Smiles for Life is a comprehensive oral health curriculum from America. Developed by the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Group on Oral Health and now in its third edition, this curriculum is designed to enhance the role of primary care clinicians in the promotion of oral health for all age groups through the development and dissemination of high-quality educational resources.
Modules include: the relationship between oral and general health, child oral health, adult oral health, acute dental problems, oral health in pregnancy, fluoride varnish and the oral examination.