- The Aurora System
Aurora (University of Adelaide Researcher Outputs, Reporting & Analytics) is a web-based system that will enable the University of Adelaide to collect, analyse and report on publication, profile and professional activity information.
In the future Aurora will be updated to include grant, project and teaching activities.
Aurora is the University's implementation of a commercial product called Symplectic Elements, which is widely used by other Universities around the world and was built by researchers for researchers.
It is envisaged that Aurora will become the 'single source of truth' for research output information at the University of Adelaide.
- Key Benefits
- Reduces the burden on researchers and staff by minimising repeat requests and reducing rekeying of data.
- Supports assisted self-deposit.
- Provides a 'single source' system.
- Improved data and tools enabling assessment of research strengths and planning for growth.
- Improved response to government requests for information.
- Improved ERA results due to increased quality and completeness of research output collections.
- Improved ability to comply with Open Access requirements.
- Intergrations with new Researcher Profiles
- Features for Researchers and Staff
All researchers will be set up with Aurora access automatically. Just login using your UofA network login details.
Aurora accounts will be populated automatically with historic publication and research output data.
Every two weeks, Aurora will search (harvest) online bibliographic databases (Data Sources) automatically to find new publications and output data for each researcher.
Aurora also allows for assisted self-deposit of publications and research outputs.
Researchers are welcome to update Aurora with other additional information to populate their Researcher Profile, such as education, position, website links, awards, memberships, committee, etc.
Administration staff will have access to Aurora including a variety of reporting tools for their faculty, school or institute.
- Publication Search/ Data Sources
Aurora will automatically harvest publications and other research output information from the following online bibliographic databases:
- CiNii EN
- Europe PubMed Central
- Web of Science
- Aurora Access
All University of Adelaide researchers (this includes Academic staff, Titleholders and HDR students) and administration staff can access Aurora.
Visting research staff, or University staff seeking delegate and/or additional levels of access (acces to reporting tools), please complete an Aurora Access Request Form.
Completed forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Integration with Internal Systems
New publications or research outputs harvested by Aurora will automatically flow through to Researcher Profiles, IAP, AR&S and ORBIT.