AUSTRALEX Conference Student Bursaries
To support students of lexicography or linguistics to attend the AUSTRALEX conference and present a paper/poster.
The money awarded is intended to assist with the travel costs of students from Australia and New Zealand who are based outside the metropolitan area of the conference venue. The conference registration fee would also be waived for the successful applicant(s).
Applicants must be full-time students in an Honours degree or a higher degree research program.
Mode of Application
- Each applicant must supply a 2-page prospectus of their intended presentation (including any results) along with the standard 300-word abstract. Include your name, academic CV and the title of your presentation.
- A cover note from their supervisor/head of school must be included with each application.
- Please send your application to Dr Julia Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Award of Bursary
- The bursary will be awarded concurrent with each AustraLex conference.
- The due date for applications will be the same as for conference abstracts.
- Value of award: up to A$500 subsidy for travel expenses.
- Awards will be made based on the scope and merit of the application, and its relevance to the conference theme.
- All applications will be reviewed and ranked by the AustraLex committee members.
- The number of awards will depend on the quality of applications in any year.
- A certificate acknowledging the award will be issued to each recipient.