Roseworthy Campus facilities
Students and staff at Roseworthy take full advantage of excellent facilities, which are also used by many agricultural groups for training programs and residential schools.
Campus facilities include:
- laboratory facilities for research in biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology, animal nutrition, meat quality and wool biology
- Roseworthy Farm, a commercial farm providing examples of most aspects of farming practice, livestock husbandry and general land use found in South Australia
- 1,535ha of land providing a practical training environment for students and resource for postgraduate research
- plant nursery and olive trial plantation
- aquatic reserve, ephemeral swamp and fauna park, offering students access to practical experience in handling and management of aquatic and terrestrial native fauna, ranging from micro-organisms to birds, native marsupials and reptiles
- state-of-the-art pig and poultry research units
- Australia's pre-eminent wheat breeding program, which seeks to provide high yielding, high quality, disease resistant wheats with wide adaptation for commercial production
- modern facilities for laboratory, glasshouse and field-based studies including specialised equipment for crop and pasture agronomy
- modern domestic livestock research facility
- Roseworthy Library
- Campus Security available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Phone 8313 7999.
- computing facilities
- venue hire for conference facilities and recreational facilities
The wide range of facilities available on the Campus include: lecture theatres and tutorial rooms with audio visual equipment, a tele-conference venue, rooms suitable for practical workshop activities. Recreational facilities include a 25-metre swimming pool, floodlit ovals and courts. Bookings can be made through Campus Services, please contact (08) 8313 5151 for further information.
- Roseworthy Residential College residential accommodation
- Roseworthy Agricultural College Student Union Council
- Roseworthy Agricultural Museum
- Roseworthy Railway Club Inc/ Miniature Railway
- Adelaide Veterinary Students Association (AVSA)
- Student Special Interest Groups
- Roseworthy Old Collegians' Association
- Student Services Office
Located in Roseworthy College Hall the Roseworthy Student Services Office provides non-academic support for all students. The service acts as a front counter for Ask Adelaide, ID cards, Student Finance, as well as a reception to book appointments with the Student Support Coordinator. Students can organise student ID cards, as well as ask for assistance navigating the University website or searching for campus and local community services. For a full list of services please see the current students website or contact us on 8313 7812.
- Student Hub
Open 7am to 10pm daily, the Hub provides a vibrant communal space for students adjacent the café dining hall. The Hub includes desktop computers and space for BYOD with wi-fi which suit group or individual study close to the Student Kitchen and lounges. The bookable Student Project Room and Council Room are also close by.
- catering and dining hall
- recreational facilities including a swimming pool, gym and sports playing areas
- Roseworthy College Chapel (see the virtual tour)