EndNote: Basics - Lecture
This lecture provides an introduction to and demonstration of the EndNote reference management software program, and is open to all staff and students at the University.
The lecture will demonstrate the following topics:
- Starting an EndNote (EN) Library
- Entering references manually into a Library
- Introduction to using styles provided with EN
- Exporting references from a database into an EN Library
- Using EN with Word to insert an in-text citation into a word document and produce a bibliography
- Editing citations - adding page numbers, excluding author and/or year
- Creating an independent bibliography from an EN Library
- Saving an EN Library
- Getting help
*The content presented in this lecture is repeated in the EndNote: Basics hands on workshop. Students should choose to attend either the lecture or workshop.
|Target Audience||All Postgraduate Research Students|
|CaRST Credit||1 hour|
|Domain||A: Knowledge and Intellectual Abilities|
|Learning Outcomes||A1 and A2|
|Mode of Delivery||Face to Face and Online|
|Resources||A Library Guide tutorial on using EndNote is available at: http://libguides.adelaide.edu.au/endnote|
|Evidence of Completion||
Face to Face: The organiser will provide students with a certificate upon completion of the activityOnline: Students will complete an online quiz and record their score
firstname.lastname@example.org or 8313 5345
10 April 2017, 11am-12pm, Lower Napier LG2927 September 2017, 10-11am, Lower Napier LG29
Face to Face: through the University Course Bookings system. Click on the 'Book Online' button below.Online: to access the online version, enrol in the CaRST MyUni Course.