Introduction to Managing Your Research Data
This workshop is open to all staff and students at the University with an interest in managing research data, and in meeting the requirements of the University of Adelaide Research Data and Primary Materials Policy released in 2016.
The workshop is particularly targeted at early career researchers and higher degree by research (HDR) students who will be managing a data in their research and are required to complete a data management plan.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- the concept and importance of research data management;
- components of research data management including organisation, ownership, storage & access, and retention & sharing;
- evaluating data management requirements and identifying questions or issues for resolution;
- the importance of discussing data management with collaborators or supervisors, and the need to make a data management plan;
- how to complete a data management plan.
|Target Audience||All Postgraduate Research Students|
|CaRST Credit||2 hours|
|Domain||C: Research Governance and Organisation|
|Mode of Delivery||Face to Face|
|Resources||LibGuide on Research Data Management
|Evidence of Completion||The organiser will take attendance and returned a signed class list to CaRST. Attendance will be recorded online in the University Course Bookings system.|
Mary O’Connor, eResearch Support Project Librarian
2017 Course Dates
14 February 2017, 10:00AM - 11:30AM
|Booking||Through the University Course Bookings system.|