Professor Chris Leishman
The Centre for Housing, Urban and Regional Planning (CHURP) was established in 2011 and is currently headed by Director, Professor Chris Leishman at the University of Adelaide.
CHURP team members have backgrounds in geography, sociology, anthropology, environmental management, demography, urban and regional planning, public policy and law.
CHURP researchers have expertise in the fields of:
- housing and people at risk, including homelessness, disability, ageing and gender research
- social inclusion/exclusion
- housing, wellbeing and health
- community wellbeing and social indicators
- regional dynamics and social institutions
- sustainable regions, water, communities and housing into the future
- governance and the social, economic and environmental impacts of globalisation
- housing, social issues and the law
- urban and regional planning
- urban studies
- indigenous housing and workforce engagement
- program/project evaluation
- community engagement
CHURP hosts the University of Adelaide AHURI Research Centre.