Adelaide PhD Summer InstituteDownload the Call for Submissions
The Centre for International Economic Studies invites PhD students in the field of international trade (JEL-Classification F0 to F2) to present their work at the Adelaide PhD Summer Institute.
The objective of this summer institute is to provide PhD students in this field with a platform for discussing their ideas with both fellow PhD students and senior scholars. Each student will be given at least 45 minutes of presentation and discussion time. Students are not required to present an already completed paper or paper draft, but may also report on the progress of their research strategies.
It is also an objective of the PhD Summer Institute that students receive feedback at an early stage of their PhD project, and consequently PhD students of all years are strongly encouraged to participate. Both theoretical and empirical research in international trade is welcome.
The PhD Summer Institute will be hosted by the Centre for International Economic Studies of the University of Adelaide.
Participating senior researchers will include:
- Professor Kym Anderson, University of Adelaide
- Professor Christopher Findlay, University of Adelaide
- Dr Benedikt Heid, University of Adelaide
- Dr Laura Marquez-Ramos, University of Adelaide
- Professor Martin Richardson, Australian National University
- Professor Frank Stähler, University of Adelaide and University of Tübingen
- Associate Professor Shandre Thangavelu, University of Adelaide
There is no registration fee, but we are also unable to offer any financial assistance to participants. We will provide recommendations for accommodation, but participants will be required to book all travel and accommodation independently.
If you have any further questions, please e-mail Frank Staehler at firstname.lastname@example.org.