South Australian State Coastal Conference
The 2013 South Australian State Coastal Conference was the hosted by the Centre for Coastal Research (CCR) and the South Australian Chapter of the Australian Coastal Society (ACS). The conference was held from 30th of September to the 2nd of October 2013 at the Cruising Yacht Club of South Australia, North Haven.
Session at Crusing Yacht Club
Conference Dinner Entertainment from the Elder Conservatorium
Field Trip South Port Noarlunga
The CCR with the South Australian Chapter of the ACS took the initiative to convene this conference after they conducted a survey across state and local government plus non-government organisations and community groups. There was an overwhelming response to have a state coastal conference that was relatively short, relevant and not too expensive.
Invited key speakers were personnel with coastal expertise across local government, NRM and interstate coastal management perspectives. The conference included a state-based coastal forum with a range of speakers to facilitate a healthy discussion among conference participants on pressing coastal issues. In addition, the conference dinner and cocktail events enabled networking with colleagues in a more relaxed manner. The final day provided an opportunity for an optional metropolitan coastal field trip with expert commentators.
- Major Sponsor:
- Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges NRM Board
- Gold Sponsors:
- The Centre for Coastal Research
- The Cruising Yacht Club of South Australia
- South Australian Coast Protection Board
- Silver Sponsors:
- The School of Environment at Flinders University
- The Environment Protection Authority
- Speaker Sponsor:
- Metropolitan Seaside Councils Committee
The 2013 conference proceedings can be viewed by following the link below:
- SA State Coastal Conference, Cruising Yacht Club of South Australia, North Haven South Australia, 30 September to 1 October 2013.
Another South Australian State Coastal Conference is being planned for November 2015.