University Student Support Package
We are committed to supporting our students through the COVID-19 pandemic. In partnership with the Adelaide University Union and student representatives, we have designed a targeted Student Support Package to meet our students' needs.
There are three key aspects of the Student Support Package:
- Academic Support
- Wellbeing Plan
- Emergency Financial Support
In response to the potentially disruptive impact of COVID-19 on our students' studies, we developed a series of grading adjustments to give our students flexibility, and reassurance that we are committed to their academic success. The grading adjustments include:
- Pass Non-Graded (PNG): All students will be given the option to choose whether to have any passing grade converted into a pass non-graded (PNG). If students choose this option, their PNG will not count towards their grade point average (GPA) calculations. Students will be given this option following, rather than prior to, receiving their results
- Fails converted to Withdraw No Fails (WNF): All fail grades will be changed to WNF, which will not be counted towards GPA calculations
- Results Pending (RP): RP can be utilised where components of courses are postponed to subsequent teaching periods
Maintaining good mental and physical health is a critical part of our response to the COVID-19 crisis. Working in partnership with our students we have created our Wellbeing Plan. This is our pathway to:
- supporting students through these challenging times
- building resilience
- creating strong community connections
- ensuring our students thrive
We know that there are students in our University community who are experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19.
The South Australia State Government's International Student Support Package is available to international students at the University who are in South Australia, and those studying on a Pre-Enrolment English Program (PEP) or on a Pathway course at the University of Adelaide College, Eynesbury College or a TAFE College are eligible to apply for a $500 grant.
Get in touch
If you have a question about eligibility, or applying for assistance, you can get in touch with the Ask Adelaide team by submitting a query online or calling +61 8 8313 5208.