University Student Support Package
We are committed to supporting our students through the COVID-19 pandemic. In partnership with the Adelaide University Union and student representatives, we have designed a targeted Student Support Package to meet our students' needs.
There are three key aspects of the Student Support Package:
- Academic Support
- Wellbeing Plan
- Emergency Financial Support
In response to the potentially disruptive impact of COVID-19 on our students' studies, in 2020 we developed a series of grading adjustments. The grading adjustments maintained in eligible teaching periods in 2021 comprise:
- Pass Non-Graded (PNG): All students will be given the option to choose whether to have any passing grade converted into a pass non-graded (PNG). If students choose this option, their PNG will not count towards their grade point average (GPA) calculations. Students will be given this option following, rather than prior to, receiving their results
- Results Pending (RP): RP can be utilised where components of courses are postponed to subsequent teaching periods.
Maintaining good mental and physical health is a critical part of our response to the COVID-19 crisis. Working in partnership with our students we have created our Wellbeing Plan. This is our pathway to:
- supporting students through these challenging times
- building resilience
- creating strong community connections
- ensuring our students thrive
Nearly 4,500 students received emergency financial support from the University's Student Support Package, and the State Government International Student Support Package. Support included: financial grants, accommodation support, food assistance and IT support. Applications for these grants have now closed.
Get in touch
If you have a question about eligibility, or applying for assistance, you can get in touch with the Ask Adelaide team by submitting a query online or calling +61 8 8313 5208.