Master of Business Administration (Emerging Leaders) New
Lead others to greatness amidst complexity
We’re living in a world that’s frequently volatile, unexpected and ambiguous. It’s essential that current and future business leaders are able to rapidly understand and solve complex problems in a systematic, integrated way.
Success demands the ‘leadership mindset’. And with our new ‘pre-experience’ Master of Business Administration (Emerging Leaders), you can start acquiring it immediately after graduating from any bachelor degree—and complete your studies in as little as 12 months.
What will you do?
The Emerging Leaders MBA is part of the Adelaide Business School’s MBA suite, and is designed for aspiring leaders and young entrepreneurs looking to fast-track their pathway into business management. This program is normally completed over 12 months so is ideal for those coming straight from a Bachelor’s degree. The degree will equip you with:
- mastery of complex leadership concepts and skills—from identifying technical and human challenges, to mobilising collaborative action in different cultures and environments
- highly advanced strategic thinking skills—the ability to see the bigger commercial and societal picture and make decisions with a truly global outlook
- high-level problem-solving, research and analysis, critical thinking and self-reflection skills
- outstanding management capabilities in critical business functions, including finance, accounting, economics, marketing and business law.
- partner with an experienced industry mentor to plan and develop a sustainable entrepreneurial enterprise through the Australian eChallenge or Tech eChallenge
- build extensive professional relationships and networks
- have the opportunity to undertake international exchanges at world-leading European business schools.
Where could it take you?
The Master of Business Administration (Emerging Leaders) will prepare you to lead projects, teams and, ultimately, organisations all over the world. You could even take your destiny entirely in your own hands by launching your own business.
Note: Intakes occur throughout the year, in January, May and September, with summer school options in January.
Choose your applicant type to view the relevant admissions information for this program.
I am a:
SATAC Code 3CM222 Deferment Yes - 2 year Intake January, May and September. Enquiries Future Students teamGraduate entry
Higher Education Study A completed Bachelors degree or equivalent.SATAC Code: 3CM222
CRICOS 0100793 Intake January, May and September
English Language Requirements
Australian Year 12 Successful completion of an Australian year 12 qualification with a minimum pass in an accepted English language subject English Tests accepted by the University of Adelaide IELTS Overall 6.5 Reading 6 Listening 6 Speaking 6 Writing 6 TOEFL Overall 79 Reading 13 Listening 13 Speaking 18 Writing 21 Pearsons Overall 58 Reading 50 Listening 50 Speaking 50 Writing 50 Cambridge Overall 176 Reading 169 Listening 169 Speaking 169 Writing 169 Qualifications that meet minimum English requirements A range of alternative qualifications may meet the University’s minimum English requirements
Academic Entry Requirements
Tertiary Qualifications Bachelor degree or equivalent
Fees and Scholarships
Choose your applicant type to view the relevant fees and scholarships information for this program.
I am a:
Annual tuition feesAustralian Full-fee place: $31,000
These scholarships, as well as many others funded by industry and non-profit organisations, are available to potential and currently enrolled students.
Adelaide Business School is AACSB* accredited, and as such our programs have passed rigorous standards of quality. AACSB accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in business education and only the best schools in the world earn AACSB accreditation.
* Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
Business Manager, Entrepreneur, Manager / Business Management, Business Consultant, Business Development Manager, Project Manager, Team Leader
To qualify for the Master of Business Administration (Emerging Leaders) you must satisfactorily complete:
- 9 Core courses
- 1 Research course
- Electives to the value of 6 units from any other postgraduate courses offered by the
University that are available to you.
Academic Program Rules
The Calendar is a comprehensive handbook of the University's academic program rules.
You can find the academic program rules for this degree under the Faculty of the Professions rules.
Example Study Plan
- PROJMGNT 7038: Project Leadership and Communication
- ACCTING 7025: Accounting Essentials for Decision Makers
- ECON 7200: Economic Principles
- MARKETNG 7104: Marketing Management
- CORPFIN 7005: Principles of Finance
- COMMGMT 7006: People and Organisations
- COMMLAW 7012: Business and Corporations Law
- COMMGMT 7027: Strategic Management
- COMMGMT 7028: Action Research for Business
You must complete:
- ENTREP 7900: eChallenge
- ENTREP 7901: Tech eChallenge
Complete courses to the value of 6 units from any other postgraduate courses offered by the University that are available to you.
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: Thursday, 29 Aug 2019