Master of Business Analytics
Power better decisions with big-data insight
In a global market that is ever evolving through competitive and regulatory pressures, fast and accurate business decisions are increasingly important. Being able to extract, combine and analyse data to meet a wide range of business needs helps to unlock insights organisation-wide, driving opportunities and increasing competitive edge.
Our new Master of Business Analytics puts that power in your hands.
What will you do?
Conducted over 18 months full-time, the degree is designed to complement and extend the knowledge and skills gained from any of a wide range of business-related bachelor programs. It will equip you with:
- significantly enhanced strategic thinking, problem-solving and decision-making ability
- the capacity to formulate, evaluate and effectively communicate evidence-based solutions to contemporary commercial challenges using quantitative analysis
- advanced abilities in the use of business analytics to inform and support commercial strategies, both domestic and international
- high-level knowledge of using business analytics to highlight innovation opportunities and entrepreneurial options
- deep insight into the ethical, sustainability and governance considerations of data management and analysis, and intellectual property rights.
You will also gain:
- confidence handling big data
- the ability to code using popular analytics platforms
- high-level research skills through the conduct of a major research project.
Where could it take you?
You’ll graduate ready to play a leading role in enterprises’ strategic growth and innovation in your chosen sector, anywhere in the world. You could help achieve organisational objectives in new product development, marketing, customer acquisition, community engagement, or all of these. Perhaps you’ll help organisations or governments stimulate positive social change.
^QS World University Rankings, 2021
For our students who are studying offshore in 2021 and 2022, the University will continue to offer high-quality access to the learning resources remotely for most programs. This includes all lectures, tutorials and other support material. Students will be advised in advance if there are course components that cannot be provided in remote mode and, wherever possible, offered alternative courses. Please refer to the COVID-19 FAQ page for a list of programs where in-person attendance is required.
Choose your applicant type to view the relevant admissions
information for this program.
I am a:
|Deferment||Yes - 2 year|
|Intake||February and July|
|Enquiries||Future Students team|
|Higher Education Study||A completed Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline, including accounting, business, management, sales, marketing and tourism.|
|Intake||February and July|
English Language Requirements
|Australian Year 12||Successful completion of an Australian year 12 qualification with a minimum pass in an accepted English language subject|
|English Tests accepted by the University of Adelaide||
|Qualifications that meet minimum English requirements||A range of alternative qualifications may meet the University’s minimum English requirements|
Academic Entry RequirementsMore Information
|Tertiary Qualifications||Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline including accounting, business, management, sales, marketing and tourism|
Fees and Scholarships
Choose your applicant type to view the relevant fees and scholarships information for this program.
I am a:
|Indicative annual tuition fees (24 units)||International student place: $47,500|
These scholarships, as well as many others funded by industry and non-profit organisations, are available to potential and currently enrolled students.
FEE-HELPThis program is an Australian full-fee program. As a domestic student you may be eligible to:
- receive a zero interest government assistance package to cover your course fees and
- use over $100,000 in HELP assistance over your lifetime
Market Research Analyst, Business Data Analyst, Data Analyst, Financial Systems / Computer Analyst, Information Analyst, International Trade or Business Analyst
To qualify for the Master of Business Analytics you must complete:
- core courses to the value of 12 units
- a research project to the value of 6 units
- electives to the value of 18 units.
Academic Program Rules
The Calendar is a comprehensive handbook of the University's academic program rules.
You can find the academic program rules for this degree under the Faculty of the Professions rules.
Example Study Plan
You must complete all of the following courses:
You must complete the following course:
You must complete courses to the value of 18 units from the following, of which 9 units must be from the starred courses:
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: Thursday, 25 Nov 2021