Agriculture, Food and Wine
Learn how to sustainably feed the world in the face of a changing climate, using leading-edge techniques and technology.
A truly world-class study environment
The majority of the University of Adelaide's agriculture, food and wine degrees are taught at our Waite campus - the largest agricultural teaching and research precinct in the Southern Hemisphere, and third largest in the world. The campus is also renowned for:
- generating 70% of all wine research conducted in Australia
- operating Australia's largest commercial-grade teaching winery
- industry-standard teaching and research Food Innovation laboratory
- housing its own fully operational vineyard.
Comprehensive future-focused learning
The knowledge and skills you'll acquire from our agriculture, food and wine degrees are highly informed by industry needs - current, emerging and predicted. Depending on your chosen degree, you could:
- build practical, hands-on skills through multiple internships with industry partners
- learn how to design, formulate, produce, package and market food or wine under real industry conditions
- get experience designing and using industry-transforming technology, like drones, advanced sensing equipment, and electronic apps.
The agriculture, forestry and horticulture industry will see a 10.6% increase in employment by 2026‡.
Employment growth in most agriculture, food and wine roles ranges from stable to moderate, with strong growth predicted for nutrition professionals^.
Make History in Agriculture, Food and Wine
Learn how to feed, fuel and sustain the world. Study alongside our expert academics like Rachel Burton, who is researching plants that will grow in climate change within Australia.
*Academic Ranking of World Universities by Subject, 2023
‡Australian Government, Labour Market Insights, 2023
33 matching degrees found
- Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences - Roseworthy Campus, Waite Campus
- Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Science - North Terrace Campus, Waite Campus, Regency Park
- Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Science (Honours) - North Terrace Campus, Waite Campus
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Science) - Roseworthy Campus
- Bachelor of Viticulture and Oenology - Waite Campus
- Bachelor of Viticulture and Oenology (Honours) - Waite Campus
Masters by Coursework
- Graduate Diploma in Agribusiness
- Graduate Diploma in Economics and Resource PolicyNew
- Graduate Diploma in Food and Nutrition Science - Waite Campus
- Graduate Diploma in Global Food and Agricultural Business
- Graduate Diploma in Global Food and Nutrition Science - Waite Campus
- Graduate Diploma in Viticulture and Oenology - Waite Campus
Masters by Research
Doctorate by Research
The University has provided me with a high quality academic experience and a fantastic student experience. I have had access to world-class facilities on all three campuses, spent a semester in Canada and have made lifelong friends.