Dentistry and Oral Health
Enhance people's confidence and quality of life by keeping their teeth and gums healthy.
Elite quality, priceless experience
Adelaide is one of the top 25 universities in the world in which to study dentistry and oral health. We have the #1 dental school in Australia and delivers an unrivalled learning experience backed by more than 100 years' teaching and research expertise.
- Build comprehensive clinical skills from year one using state-of-the-art technology in our simulation training lab.
- Sharpen your skills in our full-service Adelaide Dental Hospital and high-demand Community Outreach program.
- Undertake extensive clinical placements in dental hospitals and clinics across Adelaide, rural South Australia and interstate.
A remarkable health community
Our world standing in dentistry and oral health ensures you will be learning side-by-side with students of the highest calibre. But that's only the start. You'll be guided by educators and researchers who are international leaders in their fields. Shared classes with both oral health and dental students will introduce you to real workplace practices - and your colleagues of the future. And you'll do it all in the heart of the Adelaide BioMed City precinct, with numerous other world-class centres all around you.
Dental and oral health professionals are well paid and in demand, and job prospects are only expected to increase^. There are also some exciting technological advances on the industry's horizon. These include the use of:
- AI, augmented reality and virtual reality
- laser treatment, promising little-to-no pain, faster healing and reduced infection risk
- 3D-printed dental prosthetics.
*QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022
10 matching degrees found
Masters by Research
Doctorate by Research
A great part of the degree is the amount of time you get to practise in the simulation clinic, so you're confident when you start to see real patients.