Health and Medical Sciences
Health and medical science professionals work to improve individuals' and populations' health by preventing disease and promoting wellbeing.
Experience a remarkable health culture
The University of Adelaide's rich history of world-class health education and research spans more than 135 years. We're also South Australia’s #1 university for health education quality, experience and employability.
Our health and medical science degrees are the perfect launchpad for your health career. Drawing on all health sciences disciplines, you'll discover the human body in our dedicated anatomy labs and museum, explore global health issues, and undertake a year-long research placement or internship.
Open the door to multiple career options
Health is one of Australia's largest and fastest growing industries, with 15% industry growth predicted by 2025†.
The capabilities you gain from our health and medical sciences degrees will be extensive, readily transferable, and highly sought-after, ideally preparing you for a wide variety of health careers. This includes in:
- medical research
- nutrition science
- health policy
- community health
- diagnostics and pathology laboratory work
- pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Employment growth for the majority of health and medical sciences roles ranges broadly from stable to very strong†, with STEM jobs predicted to grow nearly twice as fast as other occupations**.
*QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022
^Excellence in Research for Australia, 2018
37 matching degrees found
- Bachelor of Applied Data Analytics - North Terrace Campus, Waite Campus
- Bachelor of Health Service Management - OnlineNew
- Bachelor of Health and Medical Sciences
- Bachelor of Health and Medical Sciences (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Medical Studies
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Speech Pathology
Masters by Coursework
Masters by Research
The University of Adelaide provided me so many opportunities to find my passion and drive for future endeavours. From the wide range of courses and topics to learn, studying at university has been a great life experience.