Master of Accounting and Finance
The Melbourne campus offers a pathway into degrees for international pathway students only. For the equivalent version for both domestic and international students at the Adelaide, North Terrace campus visit Master of Accounting and Finance.
The right decision every time
Combined knowledge in accounting and finance has never been more in demand. There’s a wealth of career opportunities for employees who can draw upon and synthesise the two. Our Master of Accounting and Finance offers an intensive two-year path to financial expertise.
This degree is available to international students only.
What will you do?
- Explore financial and management accounting, auditing, and taxation.
- Study management theory, business maths, business law, and economics.
- Learn how financial managers make investment and financing decisions.
- Understand how financial instruments and capital markets are used to enhance returns and manage risks.
- Build critical thinking, communication and leadership skills.
Students will commence their pathway studies as a University of Adelaide College student undertaking a Pre-Master's Program (PMP). On successful completion of the PMP, students will receive credit for subjects and will move into the second trimester of the University of Adelaide Master of Accounting and Finance.
Where could it take you?
You’ll graduate career-ready and able to adapt to the demands of a global economy. You might secure a job as a company auditor or finance manager. You could take on an accounting role in a flourishing organisation. Perhaps you’ll consult on corporate mergers and acquisitions.
^QS World University Rankings, 2022
Choose your applicant type to view the relevant admissions
information for this program.
I am a:
Before applying make sure you understand the eligibility and entry requirements for your chosen degree.
Look out for any prerequisites or assumed knowledge subjects. Some degrees also have additional entry requirements like interviews and auditions.
Not offered to domestic students.
Fees and Scholarships
Choose your applicant type to view the relevant fees and scholarships information for this program.
I am a:
Unavailable - see previous year for indicative only fee.
These scholarships, as well as many others funded by industry and non-profit organisations, are available to potential and currently enrolled students.
- The University of Adelaide is recognised as a CFA Program Partner through this degree, signalling to employers our curriculum is closely tied to professional practice and is well suited to preparing you for employment in the finance and investment industry.*
- The Master of Accounting and Finance program also satisfies the academic requirements for associate membership of CPA Australia, and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
* In order to meet the requirements for CFA eligibility, students must complete 'Financial Statement Analysis' and 'Advanced Corporate Finance' as electives.
Graduates of this program have gone on to careers in:
Accountant; Auditor; Business Analyst; Business Consultant; Business Management; Commercialisation Manager; Finance Manager; Financial Analyst; Financial Services Officer; Forensic Accountant ...
|Listed in order from foundation to advanced
ACCTING 7019 Accounting Concepts and Methods
ECON 7200 Economic Principles
CORPFIN 7005 Principles of Finance
CORPFIN 7033 Quantitative Methods
ACCTING 7026 Accounting Systems and Processes
ACCTING 7020 Intermediate Financial Reporting
CORPFIN 7039 Equity Valuation and Analysis
CORPFIN 7040 Fixed Income Securities
CORPFIN 7020 Derivatives
COMMLAW 7012 Business and Corporation Law
ACCTFIN 7001 Ethical Principles of Finance and Accounting
CORPFIN 7019 Advanced Funds Management
ACCTING 7014 Management Accounting
ACCTING 7023 Advanced Financial Accounting
|2x elective courses
May include, but not limited to: examinations, group assignments, individual assignments, research projects, consulting projects, presentations, quizzes, tests, tutorial work as prescribed within each course.
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: Wednesday, 13 Sep 2023