Master of Applied Finance Mid-Year Entry
Stand out from the crowd
The financial realm is complex. Navigating it successfully requires practical experience and high levels of competence.
Our Master of Applied Finance secures you with an advanced suite of financial skills and a competitive edge in the industry.
What will you do?
This intensive degree focuses on managerial effectiveness and best practices for financial problem-solving. You will:
- take core accounting, economics and finance courses
- build practical and real-world skills through five applied courses
- pursue electives according to your interests and career goals
- learn a wide range of advanced analytical tools for financial decision-making
- build strong communication and leadership skills.
Where could it take you?
A Master of Applied Finance sets you up for success in the finance sector. You could be a business manager in New York, London, Shanghai or Hong Kong or become an investment consultant or financial analyst in Sydney. Perhaps you’ll pursue a senior role in commercial banking.
Choose your applicant type to view the relevant admissions information for this program.
I am a:
SATAC Code 3CM153 Intake February and July Enquiries Future Students teamGraduate entry
Graduate Entry Bachelor degree or equivalent.SATAC Code: 3CM153
CRICOS 072990E Intake February and July
English Language Requirements
Australian Year 12 Successful completion of an Australian year 12 qualification with a minimum pass in an accepted English language subject English Tests accepted by the University of Adelaide IELTS Overall 6.5 Reading 6 Listening 6 Speaking 6 Writing 6 TOEFL Overall 79 Reading 13 Listening 13 Speaking 18 Writing 21 Pearsons Overall 58 Reading 50 Listening 50 Speaking 50 Writing 50 Cambridge Overall 176 Reading 169 Listening 169 Speaking 169 Writing 169 Qualifications that meet minimum English requirements A range of alternative qualifications may meet the University’s minimum English requirements
Academic Entry Requirements
- Graduate entry only
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
Fees and Scholarships
Choose your applicant type to view the relevant fees and scholarships information for this program.
I am a:
Annual tuition feesAustralian Full-fee place: $29,500
Annual tuition fees International student place: $42,000
These scholarships, as well as many others funded by industry and non-profit organisations, are available to potential and currently enrolled students.
The Master of Applied Finance will provide the foundation of a career as an analyst, consultant or manager in the financial services sector, comprising banks, investment institutions, capital market dealers and financial planning consultancies.
The University of Adelaide Careers Service prepares, inspires and empowers students to achieve successful career transitions and connect with industry.
Graduate AttributesThe objective of this program is to produce graduates with specific attributes as outlined in University of Adelaide Graduate Attributes.
- Deep discipline knowledge
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Career and leadership readiness
- Intercultural and ethical competency
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
Work placement can include:
The University of Adelaide is recognised as a CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Program Partner through the Master of Applied Finance degree. This signals to employers and the marketplace that the Adelaide Business School's curriculum is closely tied to professional practice and well suited to preparing students for employment in the finance and investment industry.
Financial Analyst, Investment Consultant, Manager / Business Management
Degree StructureStudents complete core courses which include four foundation courses and six applied finance courses. The remaining two courses will be chosen from a number of electives, depending on the student's main specialisation.
Academic Program Rules
The Calendar is a comprehensive handbook of the University's academic program rules.
You can find the academic program rules for this degree under the Faculty of the Professions rules.
Example Study Plan
Four Foundation courses: Five Applied Finance courses: At least two Finance electives chosen from the list below:
- ACCTFIN 7017: Financial Statement Analysis (M)
- CORPFIN 7021: Corporate Investment Evaluation (M)
- CORPFIN 7022: Advanced Corporate Finance (M)
- CORPFIN 7023: Financial Modelling Techniques (M)
- CORPFIN 7042: Corporate Financial Risk Management (M)
- CORPFIN 7045: Wealth Management in China (M)
- CORPFIN 7048: Applied Financial Institutions Management (M)
- CORPFIN 7049: Real Estate Valuation and Investment (M)
- CORPFIN 7050: International Financial Management (M)
- CORPFIN 6003: Tax, Estate and Wealth Planning (M)
- CORPFIN 6004: Global Wealth Management
Plus one additional elective.
May include, but not limited to: examinations, group assignments, individual assignments, research projects, consulting projects, presentations, quizzes, tests, tutorial work as prescribed within each course.
Phone: +61 8 8313 7335 (toll free 1800 061 459)
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: Monday, 29 Apr 2019