Mathematical scientists drive progress in everything from biomedical research and finance to cybersecurity, animation and space travel.
Gain skills in global demand
The University of Adelaide's mathematical sciences degrees are renowned for providing outstanding training in rigour and logical thinking. You'll graduate with exceptional problem-solving and research skills, making you highly sought-after by employers in a wide range of fields. These include:
- engineering and technology
- banking, finance and insurance
- scientific research
- video game development
Our graduates have secured high-level jobs with many leading organisations, such as Australia's: Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO); Defence Science and Technology Group (DSTG); Bureau of Meteorology; and Bureau of Statistics.
See the world along the way
Studying overseas is a fantastic way to see the world, diversify your studies and enhance your CV - and you'll get that opportunity at the University of Adelaide (travel restrictions permitting). All our mathematical sciences degrees give you the opportunity to study abroad through a range of programs, including student exchange, study tours and summer and winter schools, with exciting opportunities in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Africa.
Employment growth for the majority of mathematical sciences-related roles ranges broadly from moderate to very strong†, with STEM jobs predicted to grow nearly twice as fast as other occupations††.
*QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022
^Excellence in Research for Australia, 2018
38 matching degrees found
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Civil) with Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Electrical and Electronic) with Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Environmental and Climate Solutions) with Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Mechanical) with Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Mining) with Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Finance and Banking with Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer SciencesNew
- Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) with Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
Masters by Coursework
- Master of Artificial Intelligence and Machine LearningNew
- Master of Computing and Innovation - Melbourne Campus
- Master of Computing and Innovation
- Master of Cyber SecurityNew
- Master of Cyber Security - Online
- Master of Data ScienceNew
- Master of Data Science (Applied) - Online
- Master of Mathematical Sciences
Masters by Research
Doctorate by Research
I’m enjoying my time at university and I thoroughly enjoy the content and the work I do. Each course leads very smoothly into the next and there is an overall linkage between many different mathematical courses and ideas in the degree.