Music professionals use the medium of sound to entertain and convey emotion, to engage our minds and feed our souls.
Experience a remarkable musical culture
As a University of Adelaide music student you'll be part of an incredibly rich history. Our Elder Conservatorium was established in 1883 as the first conservatorium of music in Australia, and we've remained one of our country's most distinguished tertiary music schools for almost 140 years. We've built close ties with other leading musical institutions around the world, including in the UK, USA, Canada, Asia and Europe. Our graduates have gone on to hold positions of national and international influence throughout the industry. This includes as performers, composers, educators, scholars and administrators.
Gain strong industry connections
Whichever musical path you choose with us - and we offer many - you'll benefit from a breadth and depth of industry connections that only an institution of our standing can provide. Your opportunities will include:
- exciting industry internships
- guest instruction and mentoring from leading professionals
- frequent networking opportunities with potential employers at student performances and other on-campus events.
Your passion for music could take you anywhere from being a session musician, composer or recording artist, to a songwriter, musical theatre performer, producer, sound engineer or music teacher.
Employment growth for music-related roles is predicted to remain stable†.
*Times Higher Education Rankings by Subject, 2023; QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022
^Excellence in Research for Australia, 2018
32 matching degrees found
- Bachelor of Creative Arts
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Music (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Music (Classical Performance)
- Bachelor of Music (Classical Voice)
- Bachelor of Music (Jazz Performance)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education and Pedagogy)
- Bachelor of Music (Musicology)
- Bachelor of Music (Popular Music)
- Bachelor of Music (Sonic Arts)
- Bachelor of Music Theatre
- Bachelor of Music (Classical Performance)(Honours)
- Bachelor of Music (Classical Voice)(Honours)
- Bachelor of Music (Jazz Performance)(Honours)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Composition)(Honours)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education and Pedagogy)(Honours)
- Bachelor of Music (Musicology)(Honours)
- Bachelor of Music (Popular Music)(Honours)
- Bachelor of Music (Sonic Arts)(Honours)
Masters by Coursework
Masters by Research
Doctorate by Research
I chose to do the Popular Music course to better my musicianship, songwriting, production and also to collaborate and network with people who share the same passions and interests. We get 24/7 access to multiple studios and rehearsal and recording spaces. We get to work with lecturers and musicians that have excellent experience within the music industry.
Bachelor of Music (Popular Music)