Professional Certificate in Business Studies New
Upskill with business savvy
The capacity to adapt professionally has never been more valuable—and our new Professional Certificate of Business Studies provides an incredibly flexible catalyst for your career progress.
Add business savvy to existing specialist training and knowledge, upskill to improve your employability, or lay the foundations for more advanced study—all in less than a year.
What will you do?
Conducted over just six months part-time, the program will equip you with essential business- and management-related knowledge in your chosen field(s). You’ll choose two courses from a suite of 16, ranging from accounting and finance, to entrepreneurship, design thinking, marketing and project leadership.
You will graduate with the skills and confidence to:
- apply coherent and developed knowledge of business-related concepts in diverse commercial contexts using critical thinking
- apply effective problem-solving, design and decision-making methods to conceive and communicate innovative solutions to complex business problems, in a range of commercial contexts.
Depending on your course choices, you could also gain the ability to conduct basic data analysis to enable evidence-based, value-creating business decisions.
Where could it take you?
You’ll emerge ready to step up and play your part in the business setting of your choosing. You might use the qualification to complement other discipline-specific skills and training. It could give you a foot in a new industry’s door. Perhaps you’ll use it as a springboard into further business-related study, with a graduate certificate, graduate diploma, or masters.
For those who are based in Adelaide, we will be offering a blended delivery mode that combines face-to-face with remote learning in as many courses as possible, taking into consideration social distancing and hygiene. All lectures will continue to be delivered online for the remainder of the year, with some exceptions.
For our students who are studying offshore for the remainder of the 2021 Academic Year, the University will continue to offer high-quality access to the learning resources remotely for most programs. This includes all lectures, tutorials and other support material. Students will be advised in advance if there are course components that cannot be provided in remote mode and, wherever possible, offered alternative courses. Please refer to the COVID-19 FAQ page for a list of programs where in-person attendance is required.
Choose your applicant type to view the relevant admissions information for this program.
I am a:
SATAC Code 3PC010 Enquiries Future Students teamGraduate entry
SATAC Code: 3PC010
Not offered to international students.
Fees and Scholarships
Choose your applicant type to view the relevant fees and scholarships information for this program.
I am a:
Indicative annual tuition feesAustralian Full-fee place: $8,250
These scholarships, as well as many others funded by industry and non-profit organisations, are available to potential and currently enrolled students.
Business Management, Business Representative
Example Study Plan
Indicative study plan To qualify for the Professional Certificate in Business Studies you must select and complete satisfactorily two of the following courses:
- ACCTING 7025: Accounting Essentials for Decision Makers
- COMMGMT 7003: Family Business Fundamentals
- COMMGMT 7004: Advising the Family Enterprise
- COMMGMT 7006: People and Organisations
- CORPFIN 7005: Principles of Finance
- CORPFIN 7033: Quantitative Methods
- ECON 7200: Economic Principles
- ENTREP 5036: Entrepreneurial Concepts and Mindset
- ENTREP 5038: New Venture Creation
- ENTREP 7020: Design Thinking
- INTBUS 7015: Cross-cultural Management and Negotiation
- MARKETNG 7104: Marketing Management
- PROJMGNT 5004: Risk Assessment and Management
- PROJMGNT 5021: Project Management Fundamentals
- PROJMGNT 7038: Project Leadership and Communication
- PROJMGNT 7047: Systems Design for Projects
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: Friday, 11 Dec 2020