Gain the knowledge and skills to create and apply technology that changes people’s lives, and our planet, for the better.
An incredibly industry-connected environment
The University of Adelaide provides one of the most stimulating environments in the world for technology-related study. Our main city campus stands literally next door to Lot Fourteen, Adelaide's thriving innovation and technology precinct, which includes:
- our University's own world-leading Australian Institute of Machine Learning (AIML), the largest machine learning research centre in Australia
- the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre (A3C), in which we collaborate with the Australian Government's Defence Science and Technology group and others
- the Australian Space Agency, Space Discovery Centre, and Mission Control Centre.
Other organisations with a Lot Fourteen presence include Microsoft Azure Space, Amazon, Inovor Technology, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) bigdata Living Lab - all of whom our AIML partners with in ongoing real-world research.
Give yourself a career superpower
Technology and AI is reshaping virtually every industry. Gaining the skills to play a part in that at the University of Adelaide - recognised worldwide for computer science leadership - will give you incredible career scope. You could find yourself:
- developing applications that strengthen capabilities in fields as varied as disease treatment, climate and weather prediction, cybersecurity, defence, or space exploration
- harnessing critical insights from large datasets to inform public health or environmental policy, social services, or business practices
- enhancing, testing and maintaining precision-engineered products, processes, systems and services.
And whichever path you take, we'll ensure you have the confidence to contribute from your first day in the workforce, by including up to 760 hours of hands-on industry experience in your degree.
Employment growth for the majority of high-technology roles ranges from strong to very strong†, with STEM jobs predicted to grow nearly twice as fast as other occupations††.
*CS Rankings, 2022
^Academic Ranking of World Universities by Subject, 2022
29 matching degrees found
Masters by Coursework
- Master of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Master of Computer Science
- Master of Computing and Innovation - Melbourne Campus
- Master of Computing and Innovation
- Master of Cyber Security
- Master of Cyber Security - Online
- Master of Data Science
- Master of Data Science (Applied) - Online
Artificial intelligence and machine learning make life easier, in all its aspects: healthcare, defence, entertainment, agriculture. A Master of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, from our world-renowned Australian Institute of Machine Learning (AIML), will position you perfectly to play a senior leadership role in this exciting future.
Our Master of Computer Science is accredited by the Australian Computer Society. By studying a Master of Computer Science with us, you will be supervised by experts in the fields of computer vision, evolutionary computation, distributed systems, computer networks, high-performance computing, formal verification and systems modelling.
Our Master of Cyber Security will equip you to lead cutting-edge cyber security programs — for governments, law enforcement agencies, companies and NGOs alike. With a Master of Cyber Security, wherever your interests lie, your expertise will be in demand.
Protect the integrity of digital information with our Master of Cyber Security online degree. Our Master of Cyber Security online will prepare you to excel as a technically skilled and management-savvy cyber security expert.
Our Master of Data Science explores how data is changing our world. Big data and data science is an emerging area of necessity for many fields, and our Master of Data Science will give you a competitive edge in data science.
- Graduate Diploma in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Graduate Diploma in Computer Science
- Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security - Online
- Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security
- Graduate Diploma in Data Science
- Graduate Diploma in Data Science (Applied) - Online
Upskill for the tech future with our Graduate Diploma in Computer Science. Computer science is central to developments across almost every industry and expertise in this area, through our Graduate Diploma in Computer Science, will be a huge asset in the changing landscapes of the modern world.
- Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Computer Science
- Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security - Online
- Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security
- Graduate Certificate in Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Data Science (Applied) - Online
Get tech savvy with our Graduate Certificate in Computer Science. Computer science is central to developments across almost every industry. Our Graduate Certificate in Computer Science will give you valuable expertise—a huge asset in the changing landscapes of the modern world.
Our Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security online equips you to launch or progress a uniquely rewarding career as a cyber generalist—and help secure our shared digital future. Study our Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security online and help protect the integrity of digital information.
Masters by Research
Doctorate by Research
I chose to study the Bachelor of Computer Science (Advanced) at the University of Adelaide because from a very young age, I’ve always been passionate about computer science. The idea of being able to make a change and innovate using technology made me select this discipline. I chose the University of Adelaide because of its high rank in the field of computer science (currently 43rd in the world), its reputable name and its world-class research. This inspired confidence in me as I believe the university provides the ideal environment for me to mould myself through gaining invaluable knowledge from its many well-qualified and proficient teaching staff
Bachelor of Computer Science (Advanced)