Biomedical Science and Biotechnology
Combining science, engineering and technology, biomedical scientists and biotechnologists create new ways to feed, fuel and heal the world.
Access incredible facilities and expertise
Studying biomedical science and/or biotechnology at the University of Adelaide will give you access to world-leading technology and subject matter experts. Most notably, these include:
- Australia's first CRISPR genome editing facility, which is helping our researchers understand the pathology of genetic diseases and disorders, such as muscular dystrophy and epilepsy
- the Australian Institute for Machine Learning, recognised as a world leader in medical machine learning, and ranked #5 globally for computer vision research*.
Be surrounded by world-class research
The University's biological sciences research has been rated world standard or above in the Australian Government's last four consecutive Excellence in Research for Australia assessments**. This means you'll have the opportunity to learn from - and potentially be involved in - explorations at the forefront of discovery. This could include, for example:
- vaccine and pharmaceutical development
- 3D bioprinting innovations
- AI-assisted microbiological diagnosis.
Employment growth for roles in biomedical science and biotechnology ranges from moderate to strong^^.
*CS rankings, 2021
^QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022
**Excellence in Research for Australia, Australian Government, 2018
11 matching degrees found
The two study tours to Asia were the highlight of my degree so far, showcasing the impact of science worldwide and the many potential job opportunities that exist in biomedical science, where I can follow my interest in infectious disease.