Animal and Veterinary Sciences
Turn your passion for animals into a rewarding career working with them, whether production animals, wildlife, pets or marine life.
Premium quality, personal attention
Our animal and veterinary sciences degrees are among the world's best, as indicated by our Veterinary Sciences and Marine Sciences programs' global rankings - top-60 and top-100 respectively.
This means you will learn side by side with other high-calibre students. And importantly, you'll do so in relatively small classes, ensuring you receive all the personal assistance you need from our highly experienced teachers and researchers. In fact, our veterinary science students enjoy one of the smallest class sizes of any such program in Australia.
Learn in stunning, multimillion-dollar facilities
Our animal and veterinary sciences degrees place a strong emphasis on practical, hands-on experience.
Naturally, this includes time spent honing skills externally in real-world industry settings - including on farms, in intensive production facilities, and out in the field. But the exceptional quality of our own facilities ensures you'll also have continual opportunities to master your craft on campus. These state-of-the-art facilities include our:
- Veterinary Health Centre, which services small animals, horses, farm animals and herds
- fully functional livestock farm, with cattle, sheep, horses, alpacas, pigs and chickens.
*QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022
^Good Universities Guide, 2019-20
10 matching degrees found
- Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences - Roseworthy Campus, Waite Campus
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Behaviour) - Roseworthy Campus
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Science) - Roseworthy Campus
- Bachelor of Science (Marine Biology)
- Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience) - North Terrace Campus, Roseworthy Campus
- Bachelor of Science (Wildlife Conservation Biology)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology - Roseworthy Campus
Masters by Research
Doctorate by Research
I loved the practical work we did alongside experts in the field and opportunities to help with research. I use knowledge I gained from my degree regularly in my career as a zookeeper.