Mr Anthony Kosturjak
|Position||Senior Research Economist|
|Org Unit||SA Centre for Economic Studies (SACES)|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 4547|
Nexus 10 Tower
Anthony Kosturjak B.Ec. (Hons) is a Senior Research Economist at SACES. Anthony joined SACES in 1999 after completing an honours degree in economics at the University of Adelaide. Since commencing at SACES, Anthony has worked on projects in a range of areas, including program evaluation, labour market analysis, regional development issues, economic and financial evaluation of public infrastructure proposals, benefit cost analysis, input output analysis, demography and regulated infrastructure issues. He has extensive experience analysing particular industries, having undertaken numerous studies in respect of water infrastructure proposals, mining, the information and communications technology (ICT) sector, electronics and gambling.
In addition to co-authoring SACES’s Briefing Report, Anthony has contributed to and edited various issues of SACES’s Economic Issues series. In his Honours dissertation he considered the economic impacts on consumers and the music industry of permitting parallel imports of sound recordings.
Bachelor of Economics (Hons) (University of Adelaide)
- 'Sanctuary Zones Regional Impact Assessment Statement: Ceduna, Kangaroo Island and Port Wakefield'. Goyder Institute for Water Research Technical Report Series (2015) No. 15/43, Adelaide, South Australia. Report prepared by Kosturjak, A., Whetton, S., O'Neil, M., and Trevithick, M.
- 'Responsible Gambling and Casinos'. Report prepared for Gambling Research Australia (2015) by O'Neil, M., Delfabbro, P., Whetton, S., Sproston, K., Kosturjak, A., Kaye, L., and Abdul Halim, S.
- 'The South Australian Economy in Transition' in Economic Briefing Report, SA Centre for Economic Studies, Vol. 32 No. 1. Prepared by Kosturjak, A., and Kaye, L.
- 'Central Local Government Region Integrated Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment'. National Disaster Resilience Program, Project No: NDR 0910-003. Report prepared for the Central Local Government Region of South Australia (2011) by Balston, J.M., Billington, K., Cowan, H., Hayman, P., Kosturjak, A., Milne, T., Rebbeck, M., Roughan, S., and Townsend, M.
- 'Problem Gamblers and the Role of the Financial Sector'. Occasional Paper No. 33 prepared for the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (2010) by Chandler, N., Kosturjak, A., and O'Neil, M.
- 'Social and Economic Impact Study into Gambling in Tasmania', Volume 1 and Volume 2: the Prevalence Study. Prepared for the Department of Treasury and Finance (2008) by O'Neil, M., Chandler, N., Kosturjak, A., Whetton, S., Wheeler, S., the School of Psychology (University of Adelaide) with the assistance of Harrison Health Research (Adelaide).
- 'The Relative Decline of Manufacturing Employment in South Australia'. Economic Issues Paper (2004) by Kosturjak, A., and Wilson-Smith, J.
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Friday, 3 Aug 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/anthony.kosturjak