Dr Braden Phillips
|Org Unit||School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 5114|
Ph.D., B.E. (Hons), B.Sc., MIEEE
Braden Phillips is a senior lecturer in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Adelaide and is director of CHiPTec, the The Centre for High Performance Integrated Technologies and Systems.
Braden’s research focus is the design of new computing architectures for artificial intelligence, and in particular the Street Engine processor for cognitive computing. This work draws upon his research interest and experience in digital arithmetic, digital microelectronics, computer architecture, information security, and real-time and embedded systems.
Prior to the completion of his PhD thesis, ’An Optimised Implementation of Public Key Cryptography for Smart Card Processors’, Braden worked as a process control engineer and was a founding partner in Current Dynamics, an electronic hardware design venture. He was a lecturer at Cardiff University in South Wales for 2 years before returning to the University of Adelaide in 2002.
- The Street Project to design a new computer architecture for artificial intelligence and cognitive computing.
- Dynamically Reconfigurable Networks on Chip
Related Research Interests:
- Computer Architecture Processor architectures for artificial intelligence and cognitive computing, data value speculation, application specific architectures
- Digital Arithmetic Hardware for integer and floating point operations, number systems, estimating arithmetic
- Information Security Implementing cryptography, circumventing side-channel attacks, semiconductor remanence
- Digital Microelectronics Low-power and high-performance circuits, subthreshold logic, fault tolerant circuits
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Monday, 18 Dec 2017
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/braden.phillips