Dr Colin Rogers
|Position||Visiting Associate Professor|
|Org Unit||School of Economics|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 4394|
Nexus 10 Tower
Biography/ BackgroundDr Colin Rogers received his D. Com from the University of South Africa. Professional service activities have included joint editorships of the South African Journal of Economics (1984-1986) and Australian Economic Papers (1990-1996).
Foundations of monetary theory, open economy macroeconomics, the Economics of Keynes.
Working papers 2006-2009:
Central Bank Interest-Rate Control in a Cashless, Arrow-Debreu economy: a comment on Wallace.
E-money and the cashless, frictionless economy.
Money as Friction: Conceptual Puzzles in Woodford's Interest and Prices.
The principle of effective demand: the key to understanding the General Theory.
Do Frictionless Models of Money and the Price level Make sense?
The principle of effective demand and the state of post Keynesian monetary economics.
Keynes, Keynesians and contemporary monetary theory and policy: An assessment
The state of monetary theory: implications for monetary policy
The Global Economic Crisis: Some thoughts on causes and remedies
The scientific illusion of New Keynesian monetary theory
The assessment of monetary and fiscal policy in Keynesian models Old and New: Romer-Bernstein vs Cogan et. al.
Keynes's General Theory, The Rate of Interest and Keynesian Economics: Keynes Betrayed, by Geoff Tily, Palgrave Macmillan, 2007. In the History of Economics Review.
Dennis Robertson: Essays on His Life and Work by Gordon Fletcher, Palgrave Macmillan, 2007 -Robertson through the Looking Glass. In the History of Economics Review.
The New Monetary Policy, by Philip Arestis, Michelle Baddeley and John McCombie, Edward Elgar, 2005. In the Economic Record.
John Maynard Keynes: Great Thinkers in Economics by Paul Davidson, Palgrave Macmillan, 2007. In the History of Economics Review.
Attractor merging crisis in chaotic business cycles, with A.C.L Chian, F. A. Borotto, and E.L. Rempel, in Chaos Solutions and Fractals, 24, 869-975, 2005.
Doing Without Money: A Critical Assessment of Woodford's Analysis, Cambridge Journal of Economics, 30: pp. 293-306, 2006.
An example of intermittency in nonlinear economic cycles, with AC-L Chian, E.L. Rempel, Applied Economics Letters, 13 (4) pp. 257-263, 2006.
Chris-induced intermittency in nonlinear economic cycles, with AC-L Chian, E.L. Rempel, Applied Economics Letters, forthcoming.
Complex economic dynamics: chaotic saddles, crisis and intermittency with AC-L Chian, E.L. Rempel, in Chaos Solutions and Fractals, 29, 1194-1218, 2006.
Exogenous interest rates in modern monetary theory and policy: Moore in perspective, in: Complexity, Endogenous Money and Exogenous Interest Rates, Festschrift for Basil J. Moore. Edward Elgar, London, 2006.
One hundred years from today: Irving Fisher, The Rate of Interest, 1907. History of Economics Review. 2007.
The principle of effective demand: key to understanding the General Theory, forthcoming in: Robert W. Dimand, Robert A. Mundell, and Alessandro Vercelli, eds., Keynes's General Theory After Seventy Years, London and Basingstoke:Palgrave Macmillan, 2010, IEA Conference Volume No. 147.
"The failure of Woodford's model of the channel system in the cashless economy" Journal of Money Credit and Banking, 43(2): 535-536, 2011.
"The Scientific illusion of New Keynesian Monetary Theory", in The Oxford Handbook of Post-Keynesian Economics, edited by G. C. Harcourt and P. Kriesler. Oxford University Press, 2013.
"Why 'state of the art' monetary theory was unable to anticipate the global financial crisis: a child's guide", European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies, 11(3): 300-314, 2014.
""IYLM: A General Theory Replacement for ISLM", with R. O'Donnell, Cambridge Journal of Economics, 40: 349-364, 2016.
"Some Fundamental differences between IYLM and ISLM: a reply to Fuller", with R. O'Donnell, Cambridge Journal of Economics, 41: 1773-1776, 2017.
"The principle of effective demand and the state of post Keynesian monetary theory", Chapter 9 in Advances in Endogenous Money Analysis, edited by L-P Rochon and S. Rossi, Edward Elgar, 2017.
"The new macroeconomics has no clothes", Review of Keynesian Economics, 6(1): 22-33, 2018.
"The conceptual falw in the microeconomic foundations of Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium models, Review of Political Economy, 1-12, March, 2018.
- Electronic_money_and_the_cashless_economy4.doc [188.0K] (application/msword)
- CritiqueofWoodfordsanalysis.doc [301.5K] (application/msword)
- Money_as_Friction2.pdf [75.0K] (application/pdf)
- Do_frictionless_models_of_money_make_sense.pdf [82.0K] (application/pdf)
- The_scientific_illusion_of_New_Keynesian_monetary_theoryA.pdf [257.2K] (application/pdf)
- Principle_of_effective_demand_-key_to_the_General_Theory.doc [101.5K] (application/msword)
- CentralBank_Interest_rate_control_in_the_Arrow-Debreu_economy.doc [119.5K] (application/msword)
- Keynes,_Keynesians_and_contemnporary_monetary_theory.doc [132.0K] (application/msword)
- The_State_of_monetary_theory(Lima).doc [120.5K] (application/msword)
- Chian_et_al_AEL_2007.pdf [386.6K] (application/pdf)
- Irving_Fisher100.doc [122.0K] (application/msword)
- TilyReview_.doc [56.0K] (application/msword)
- The_New_Monetary_Policy.doc [30.5K] (application/msword)
- DavidsonReview.doc [41.5K] (application/msword)
- Dennis_Robertson_Reviewof_Fletcher.doc [40.0K] (application/msword)
- Failure_of_Woodfords_channel_system_in_a_cashless_economy.pdf [623.3K] (application/pdf)
- The_New_Macro_long_version.pdf [287.7K] (application/pdf)
- The_principle_of_effective_demand_and_PostKeynesian_monetary_theory1.doc [213.0K] (application/msword)
- GlobalEconomicCrisisEIP25.pdf [138.8K] (application/pdf)
- The_assessment_of_policy_in_Keynesian_models_New_and_Old.docx [346.9K] (application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)
- Measuring_fiscal_responsibility.docx [72.4K] (application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)
- IMReform.docx [49.0K] (application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)
- Repeating_mistakes_about_Keynes_.docx [16.7K] (application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Wednesday, 15 Aug 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/colin.rogers