Associate Professor Indrit Troshani
|Position||Associate Professor, Accounting Info Systems|
|Org Unit||Business School Office|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 5526|
Nexus 10 Tower
Indrit teaches Accounting Information Systems at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Currently, Indrit is involved in a number of different research projects predominantly looking at the mutual influence of digital technology and business processes. Notably, Indrit is working with Associate Professor Joanne Locke (Deakin University) and Dr Nick Rowbottom (University of Birmingham) on research examining the standardisation and effects of corporate reporting taxonomies (e.g., IFRS Taxonomy). Indrit is also looking at the digital transformation of business-to-government reporting across various jurisdictions (e.g., Australia, UK, Netherlands).
PhD (Computer Science), MSc (Computer-based Information Systems), Chartered Accountant (CA), GradCertEd (Tertiary Teaching), BBA (Hons)
Accounting Information Systems, Internet Commerce, Electronic Commerce, Management Accounting
- Innovation adoption and diffusion (e.g. digital business reporting, social media, Green IS)
- Accounting information systems (e.g., businss-to-government reporting, digital reporting, integrated reporting)
- Social construction of technology
- Digital technology standards and standard-setting
Selected Refereed Journal Publications
(see Publications & Scholarship file below for complete publications list or visit the Google Scholar papers and citations page
- Troshani,. Janssen, M., Lymer, L., and Parker, L. (accepted/forthcoming) Digital transformation of business-to-government reporting: an institutional work perspective, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems. (ISSN 1467-0895)
- Troshani, I., Locke, J., and Rowbottom, N. (accepted/forthcoming) Transformation of accounting through digital standardisation: tracing the construction of the IFRS Taxonomy, Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal. (ISSN 0951-3574)
- Rao Hill, S., Troshani, I., and Chandrasekar, D. (accepted/forthcoming) Signalling effects of vlogger popularity on online consumers, Journal of Computer Information Systems. (ISSN 0887-4417)
- Kao, K. C., Rao Hill, S., and Troshani, I. (2017) Online consumers' responses to deal popularity as an extrinsic cue, Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 57, No. 4, pp. 374-384. (ISSN 0887-4417)
- Sharif, M. H. M., Troshani, I., Davidson, R. (2016) Determinants of social media impact in local government, Journal of Organizational and End User Computing, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 82-103.
- Shan, G. Y., Troshani, I. (2016) The effect of mandatory XBRL and IFRS adoption on audit fees: Evidence from the Shanghai Stock Exchange, International Journal of Managerial Finance, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 109-135.
- Sharif, M. H. M., Troshani, I., Davidson, R. (2015) Public Sector Adoption of Social Media, Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 55, No. 4, pp. 53-61 (ISSN 0887-4417)
- Troshani, I., Parker, L. D., and Lymer, A. (2015) Institutionalising XBRL for financial reporting: resorting to regulation, Accounting and Business Research, Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 196-228 (ISSN 0001-4788)
- Shan, G. Y., Troshani, I., Richardson, G. (2015) An empirical comparison of the effect of XBRL on audit fees in the US and Japan, Journal of Contemporary Accounting & Economics, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 89-103 (ISSN 1815-5669)
- Shan, G. Y., and Troshani, I. (2014) Does XBRL Benefit Financial Statement Auditing? Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 54, No. 4, pp. 11-21 (ISSN 0887-4417)
- Rao Hill, S., Troshani, I., and Burgan, B. (2014) Broadband Adoption in Regional and Urban Households. Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 54, No. 3, pp. 57-66 (ISSN 0887-4417)
- Rampersad, G., Plewa, C., and Troshani, I. (2012) Investigating the Use of Information Technology in Managing Innovation: A Case Study from a University Technology Transfer Office, Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 3-21.
- Troshani, I., Rampersad, G., and Plewa, C. (2011) Adopting Innovation Management Software in University Innovation Commercialization, Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol 52, No. 2, pp. 83-92. (ISSN 0887-4417)
- Troshani, I. and Lymer, A. (2010) Translation in XBRL Standardization. Information Technology & People, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 136-164. (ISSN 0959-3845)
- Doolin, B. and Troshani, I. (2007) Organizational Adoption of XBRL, Electronic Markets, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 199-209. (ISSN 1019-6781)
- Doolin, B. and Troshani, I. (2004) XBRL: A Research Note. Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 93-104. (ISSN 1176-6093)
- Wickramasinghe, N., Troshani, I., Tan, J. (Eds.)(2016) Contemporary Consumer Health Informatics. New York: Springer.
- Gray, H., Issa, T., Pye, G., Troshani, I., Rainer, R. K., Prince, B., & Watson, H. (2015). Management Information Systems, First Australasian edition. Brisbane: John Wiley & Sons Australia, Ltd. (ISBN 9781118646021)
- Bali, R., Troshani, I., Goldberg, S. and Wickramasinghe, N., (Eds.)(2013) Pervasive Health Knowledge Management. New York: Springer. (ISBN 978-1-4614-4513-5)
Selected Refereed Conference Papers
- Troshani, I., Locke, J., and Rowbottom, N. (2016) Attempting faithful transformation: tracing the construction of the IFRS Taxonomy, 8th Asia-Pacific Interdisciplinary Research in Accounting Conference (APIRA) 2016, 13-15 July, Melbourne, Victoria.
- Shan, Y. G., Troshani, I., Loftus, J. (2016) The multi-directional effects of management ownership and board independence on non-audit services fees, 2016 AFAANZ Conference, 3-5 July, Gold Coast, Queensland.
- Rowbottom, N., Locke, J., and Troshani, I. (2016) Performativity of corporate reporting taxonomies. 20th Annual Conference on Financial Reporting and Business Communication (FRBC), 30 June - 1 July 2016, Bristol, UK.
- Troshani, I. and Wickramasinghe, N. (2014) Tackling Complexity in E-Health with Actor-network Theory, Proceedings of 47th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2014), 6-9 January, Waikoloa, Hawaii.
- Fradley, K., Troshani, I., Rampersad, G., De Ionno, P. (2012) An Organizing Vision Perspective on Green IS Development. Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS2012), Orlando, Florida, 16-19 December, 2012.
- Troshani, I., Goldberg, S., and Wickramasinghe, N. (2012) Adoption of Pervasive e-Health Solutions: The Need for an Appropriate Regulatory Framework. Proceedings of the 18th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS2012), Seattle, Washington, August 9-12, 2012.
- Troshani, I. and Lymer, A. (2011) Institutionalizing XBRL in the UK: An Organizing Vision Perspective, Proceedings of the 19th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS2011), June 9-11, Helsinki, Finland. - Best Paper Award Nominee
- Troshani, I. and Rao, S. (2007) Understanding the Diffusion of Mobile Services Using Stakeholder Theory, Proceedings of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems - eSociety 2007, Lisbon, Portugal, 3-6 July (ISBN 978-972-8924-37-9). "Outstanding Paper Award" Nominee.
- Troshani, I. and Doolin, B. (2006) Diffusion of a Networked Innovation: A Stakeholder and Social Network View. Proceedings of the 14th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2006), Gothenburg, Sweden, 12-14 June 2006.
- Troshani, I. and Doolin, B. (2005) Drivers and Inhibitors Impacting Technology Adoption: A Qualitative Investigation into the Australian Experience with XBRL. In Vogel, D. R., Walden, P., Gricar, J., and Lenart, G. (eds). Proceedings of the 18th Bled eCommerce Conference, Bled, Slovenia, June 6-8, 2005 (ISBN 961-232-178-7).
Member of the Australian Computer Society
Editorial Review Board Membership
Member of the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Computer Information Systems (ERA A)
Member of the International Editorial Review Board of the International Journal of E-Business Research.
Member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations.
January 2013 - December 2013: Hons/MBR Coordinator, Business School, University of Adelaide
July 2010 - August 2011: Associate Dean - Information Technology, University of Adelaide Information Technology Services
- Indrit Troshani - Publications & Scholarship - PublicationsAndScholarship_IndritTroshani.pdf [279.2K] (application/pdf)
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Monday, 19 Mar 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/indrit.troshani