Mr John Sturgul
|Org Unit||School of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 0007|
- 2009 - Present, Professor, School of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 5005, Australia
- 1991 - 2008, Professor of Mining Engineering, University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho
- 1982 - 1990, Professor of Mining Engineering, South Australian Institute of Technology, Adelaide, SA, Australia (now the University of South Australia)
- 1976 - 1982, Associate Professor and then Professor of Mining Engineering, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Socorro, New Mexico
- 1968 - 1976, Associate Professor, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- PhD Mining Engineering, University of Illinois, 1968
- MS Mathematics, University of Arizona, 1963
- BSc (with honor), Michigan Technological University, 1961
- Hon, Dr Sc, University of Petrosani, Romania, 2000
- Honor Societies: Tau Beta Pi, Engineering, Phi Kappa Phi general, Pi Mu Epsilon mathematics, Sigma Gamma Epsilon earth science. Fullbright Fellowship (Senior Scholar) to University of Queensland, Outstanding faculty member, University of Idaho, 1988
- Mine Design using simulation and animation methods
- Mineral Economics
Mine Design: Examples Using Simulation, Sturgul, John R, Society of Mining Engineers, Littleton, CO, 2000.
Mine Simulation, Panagiotou, GN and Sturgul, JR, eds, Balkema, Rotterdam, 1996.
Fortran IV Programming, Merchant, M and Sturgul, J, Wadsworth publishing Co, Beaumont, CA, 1975.
Fortran with WATIV and WATV, Merchant, M and Sturgul, J, Wadsworth publishing Co, Beaumont, CA, 1980.
APCOM 1973, Tucson, Az, University of Arizona Press, Sturgul, JR, ed.
Over 200 technical papers in refereed journals.
Co-Editor of International Journal of Surface Mining.
Organising Committee for numerous major international conferences.
Member, Society of Mining Engineering.
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Monday, 18 Dec 2017
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/john.sturgul