Mr Mahmud Al Masum
|Org Unit||Business School Office|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 3384|
Nexus 10 Tower
Mahmud Al Masum joined The University of Adelaide in 2006.
Before starting his career as an academic in 2004, Masum worked in the banking and financial sector during 1998-2003. He received the following awards and grants in areas of teaching and research:
- University of Adelaide Business School Research Grant
- Teaching Award from the University of South Australia
- Scholarship from the University of Dhaka
- Award for Excellence from the Notre Dame College
Doctor of Philosophy (near completion)
The RMIT University
Supervisors: Professor Lee Parker & Associate Professor Prem Yapa
Thesis title: Investigating the implementation of a performance management system in a Central Bank reform process
Masters of Business (By Research) 2010
The University of South Australia
Principal Supervisor: Professor Lee Parker
Thesis title: Financial reporting governance and enforcement practices in a developing country: a case study of Bangladesh
Masters of Business (Accountancy) 2005
University of South Australia
Masters of Commerce (Finance) 1997
University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Thesis title: Performance of foreign banks vis-à-vis other commercial banks operating in Bangladesh
Bachelor of Commerce with Honors (Finance & Banking) 1996
University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Managemnt control system of public sector organisations.
Financial reporting, corporate governance and corporate social practices in developing counmtries.
Cheong, CS and Masum, MA 2010. ‘Financial Analysts’ Forecast Accuracy: Before and After the Introduction of AIFRS’, Australasian Accounting Business and Finance Journal, Vol. 4, No. 3.
Chowdhury, AA, Anwar, AN and Masum, MA, 1998, ‘Performance of foreign banks vis-à-vis other commercial banks operating in Bangladesh’, Journal of Business Studies, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, vol. XIX, no. 2.
Presentation at Peer reviewed international Conferences:
Masum, MA and Parker, LD 2016, ‘Local application of global accounting standards: evidence from an emerging economy’, 8th Asia Pacific Interdisciplinary Research in Accounting Conference (APIRA), Melbourne, Australia (July 2016).
Masum, MA and Parker, LD 2013, ‘Diagnostic view of the interface between corporate governance and financial reporting practice: Evidence from an emerging economy’, 7th Asia Pacific Interdisciplinary Research in Accounting Conference, Kobe, Japan.
Masum, MA and Azim, I 2009, ‘Determinants of corporate social disclosure: Evidence from a developing country’, British Accounting Association Annual Conference, April 2009, University of Dundee, Scotland.
Masum worked in the Finance and Banking industry during 1998-2002. He worked in the following two organisations:
- Delta Brac Housing Finance Corporation, Bangladesh (1999-2003). This is an international joint venture financial institution with equity participation from the World Bank.
- Industrial Development Leasing Corporation of Bangladesh (1998-99). This organisation was established in 1985 through the collaboration of the World Bank, German Investment and Development Company, Korean Development Leasing Corporation of South Korea and the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development.
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/mahmud.masum