Dr Ninuk Hariyani
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 2556|
Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences
Ninuk Hariyani is a PhD student in Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health (ARCPOH). Her background is a dentist who works as a lecturer in the Faculty of Dentistry, Airlangga University, Indonesia. Her research interest is about epidemiology and the measurement of oral diseases. Her on-going research project is about the increment of root caries in older Australian adults.
- 2011-2012 Master of Public Health (MPH), The University of Adelaide, Australia
- 2007-2009 Master of health (M.Kes), Airlangga University, Indonesia
- 1997-2002 Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Airlangga University, Indonesia
Awards & Achievements
- 2014 – 2018 DIKTI Scholarship from Indonesia Government to pursue PhD in Australia
- 2013 (June-July) Travel grant by SEAADE to attend a short course on “new concept in dental education and public oral health” in St Radboud University, Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
- 2013 (June-July) St Radboud University’s grant to follow a short course on “new concept in dental education and public oral health” in St Radboud University, Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
- 2011 - 2012 Australia Awards to pursue Master of Public Health in the University of Adelaide, South Australia
- 2007 – 2009 Post Graduate Scholarship sponsored by Indonesia Government to pursue Master of Health
- 2002 Best Graduate from Faculty of Dentistry Airlangga University, Indonesia
- 1998 – 2002 Academic Achievement Development Scholarship sponsored by Indonesia Government.
- Oral Epidemiology
- Measurement of oral diseases
- Quality of life
- Social inequalities
- Surveillance in oral health
Peer reviewed Journal Articles
- Bramantoro T., Hariyani N. Patient’s expectation on communication performances of dental health services providers located in urban and rural area. Dental Journal. 2013. 46(1); p. 1-4
- Hariyani N., Palupi LS., Soedjoko. Psychological approach in overcoming the failure of children dental health education. Dentika Dental Journal. 2008. 13 (1); p. 80-4
- Berniyanti T., Hariyani N. Side effects of mercury in dental amalgam. Dental Journal. 2008. 41 (1); p. 30-4
- Hariyani N. Indonesian Oral Health Surveillance. Current and the Future. Indonesian Dentist Association Journal. 2007. 56 (3); p. 135-46.
- Hariyani N. What should Indonesian Government do to reduce Dental Caries Problem in Indonesia? - Paper Presented in 7th Health Services and Policy Research Conference, Adelaide, Australia, 5-7 December 2011
- Hariyani N. Using an upstream approach to reduce dental caries problem in Indonesia - Paper Presented in Annual Scientific Conference – PPIA New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 15 October 2011.
- Hariyani N., Palupi LS., Setyowati D. Improving Children’s Awareness on Dental Health Using Modeling - Paper Presented in Asian Oral Health Care Conference, Jakarta, Indonesia, 20-22 November 2008.
- Setyowati D., Hariyani N., Soelarso H. The importance of increasing an effective interpersonal communication between dentist and patient to prevent dental treatment discontinuity - Paper Presented in Asian Oral Health Care Conference, Jakarta, Indonesia, 20-22 November 2008.
- Palupi R., Hariyani N. Achieving a Cultural Competence in the Dental Professional - Paper Presented in Asian Oral Health Care Conference, Jakarta, Indonesia, 20-22 November 2008
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Thursday, 9 Aug 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/ninuk.hariyani