Professor Ralph-Christopher Bayer
|Position||Professor of Economics & Director of AdLab|
|Org Unit||School of Economics|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 4666|
Nexus 10 Tower
Ralph-C Bayer joined the School of Economics 2002 after completing his PhD at the London School of Economics. Professor Bayer has established AdLab -- the Adelaide Laboratory for Experimental Economics, one of the first experimental laboratories for Economics in Australia. Professor Bayer currently is the director of AdLab.
Professor Bayer's research has been published in leading Economics Journals. He has presented his work at numerous conferences and invited seminars all around the world.
Professor Bayer is currently serving as one of the two editors of the Journal of Instituitional and Theoretical Economics.
* Ph.D. Economics, 2002, London School of Economics (Advisor: Frank Cowell)
* Diplom Volkswirt (comparable to MA Economics), 1997, University of Cologne, ranked first for the year
Prof Bayer's research focuses on behavioural economics, experimental economics and game theory. Prof Bayer is particularly interested in explaining why humans' behaviour regularly deviates from what standard game theory predicts. His experimental studies focus on limited cognitive abilities, social preferences and reciprocity. In more traditional work Prof Bayer has worked extensively on topics related to tax evasion of individuals and firms and on questions related to market structure and conduct.
Prof Bayer currently is the principal investigator of two ARC Discovery Projects. One project is aiming at designing methods and procedures for an effective and efficient coporate tax enforcement, while the other project (together with Paul Pezanis-Christou) researches efficient ways to sell multiple objects in auctions.
For my publications please go to my university research profile by clicking on the blue button above.
For recent working papers please see http://www.economics.adelaide.edu.au/research/papers/.
- Participant Information Sheet for contests experiments - participant-information-sheet_contests.pdf [350.4K] (application/pdf)
- CV (updated October 2017) - cv_10-2017.pdf [198.2K] (application/pdf)
- Governance Study - governance_light.pdf [98.4K] (application/pdf)
- Instructions for the paper "Cognitive abilities and behavior in strategic form games" - supplement.pdf [245.0K] (application/pdf)
- Bibtex database - combine.bib [3.0MB] (text/plain)
- Supplementary material to network externality paper - supplement_network.rar [109.4K] (application/rar)
Categories Economics & Finance Expertise Behavioural Economics; Experimental Economics; Public Finance; Tax Evasion; Competition Policy Mobile 0400 464 831 After hours 0400 464 831
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Sunday, 25 Feb 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/ralph.bayer