Professor Sean Connell
|Org Unit||Ecology and Environmental Science|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 6125|
PhD (University of Sydney)
MSc (University of Auckland)
BSc (University of Canterbury)
- I designed and corrdinate the BSc (Marine Biology).
- My teaching is informed from my research and work with policy-makers and managers.
- I seek to close the gap between graduation and employment; connecting industry and career aspirations.
The flipside of ocean acidification:
- Connell SD et al. 2017 How ocean acidifcation can benefit calcifiers. Current Biology 27: pR95–R96
- Connell SD et al. 2013 The other ocean acidification problem. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B-Biological Sciences 368:20120442
Ecosystems collapse, but they are often quite resistant:
- Connell SD et al 2017 Testing for thresholds of ecosystem collpase in seagrass meadows. Conservation Biology 31:1196-1201
- Ghedini, Russell & SD Connell 2015. Trophic compensation reinforces resistance. Ecology letters 18:182-187.
Science writing; rigor-mortis isn't rigour
- Doubleday & SD Connell 2017 Publishing with Objective Charisma: Breaking Science’s Paradox. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 24: 527-528.
- Doubleday, SD Connell & Montgomery 2017 Creativity: The Stronger, Blacker Sheep behind Great Papers. Trends in Ecology & Evolution 32:895-896.
- NCEAS (Natioanl Centre for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis) - Co-investigator - byrnes_connell.html [11.4K] (text/html)
- I am interested in an Australian perspective of Marine Ecology: e.g. my book for Australians - Book.jpg [39.8K] (image/jpeg)
- I reflect & plan future comment on marine science's leadership & future: e.g. last paragraphs of - Connell_etal_2008.pdf [340.5K] (application/pdf)
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Wednesday, 3 Jan 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/sean.connell