Dr Sigitas Karpavicius
|Org Unit||Accounting and Finance|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 8007|
Nexus 10 Tower
Dr. Sigitas Karpavicius is a senior lecturer of finance at the Adelaide Business School, which he joined in 2015. Dr. Karpavicius received his PhD from the University of New South Wales in 2011. Prior to his PhD studies, he obtained MA degree in Economics and Management Science from Humboldt University in Berlin and did research at the Economics Department of the Bank of Lithuania.
BEc, MA, PhD (UNSW).
Dr. Karpavicius’ research interests are in the area of theoretical and empirical corporate finance. They include, but are not limited to, capital structure and security issues, payout policy, executive compensation, and general/partial equilibrium modelling. His research has been published in the Journal of Corporate Finance and Journal of Banking and Finance.
1. Canil, J., Karpavicius, S. (2017). Are employee stock option proceeds a source of finance for investment? Journal of Corporate Finance, forthcoming.
2. Karpavicius, S., and Yu, F. (2017). The impact of dividend-protected CEO equity incentives on firm value and risk. Economic Modelling, forthcoming.
3. Karpavicius, S., and Yu, F. (2017). The impact of interest rates on firms' financing policies. Journal of Corporate Finance 45: 262–293.
4. Karpavicius, S., and Yu, F. (2017). How institutional monitoring creates value: Evidence for the free cash flow hypothesis. International Review of Economics and Finance 52: 127–146.
5. Brown, A., and Karpavicius, S. (2017). The reaction of the Australian stock market to monetary policy announcements from the Reserve Bank of Australia. Economic Record 93: 20–41.
6. Karpavicius, S., and Yu, F. (2016). Should interest expenses be tax deductible? Economic Modelling 54: 100–116.
7. Karpavicius, S. (2014). The cost of capital and optimal financing policy in the dynamic setting. Journal of Banking and Finance 48: 42–56.
8. Karpavicius, S. (2014). Dividends: Relevance, rigidity, and signaling. Journal of Corporate Finance 25: 289–312.
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Wednesday, 6 Dec 2017
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/sigitas.karpavicius