Ms Yvette Salamon
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 2995|
|Mobile||+61 4 3934 3700|
Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences
Have been nursing for the past 29 years, commenced in 1986 at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Have always been passionate about Perioperative Nursing and have worked in a variety of roles within the Suite for 25 years. I completed my Graduate Certificate of Perioperative Nursing in 1991 through the TQEH and worked through all specialities with my primary focus being Trauma and Emergency Theatres. I travelled throughout Australia on a working holiday and had the opportunity to work in a large variety of settings from isolated rural to large metro hospitals.
I have always been focused and interested in education and after completeing my Bachelor of Education in 2004 I worked for eight years as a Perioperative Educator after finishing my Bachelor of Education. I commenced working as a Clinical lecturer at the University of Adelaide in 2013 working with the Undergraduate Team and am currently the Speciality Course Coordinator for Anaesthetics and Recovery Nursing Stage 1 Masters and Course Cordinator for Communication and Professional Nursing 2 with the Undergraduate Program.
- General Nurses Training Program - The Queen Elizabeth Hospital - 1989
- Advanced Clinical Nursing Certificate - The Queen Elizabeth Hospital - 1990
- Operating Room Nursing Course Certificate - The Queen Elizabeth Hospital - 1991
- Graduate Diploma of Nursing (Nursing Management Strand) - The University of South Australia - 1998
- Bachelor of Education - The University of South Australia - 2004
- Mandatory Notification Training (Responding to Abuse and Neglect) - 2011
- Registered Nurse (Division 1) NMW0001288473 with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia - 2011
- Basic Life Support Instructor Re-Accreditation - Red Cross - 2011
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment - TIME - 2011
- Masters of Clinical Nursing (Perioperative Speciality) - University of Tasmania - 2012
- Graduate Certificate of Online Education - University of Adelaide - 2015
2012 - Applied for $10534 grant to the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care to enable research and development of a pre-printed sterile label which was in principle suitable to be utilised to comply with the National Standard for Injectible Medicines, Fluids and Lines.
Completed report for Evaluation of Pre-Printed Labels for Identification of Medicines and Fluilds on the Perioperative Sterile Field avaliable at http://www.safetyandquality.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Evaluation-of-pre-printed-labels-on-perioperative-sterile-field.pdf
- ePortfolios and Competency Assessment
- Online Learning, eLearning and Mobile Learning
- Education, Course Development and Simulation
- Perioperative Nursing
- Professional Practice and Communication
- Critical Thinking and Reasoning in Practice
- Perioperative Research
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Thursday, 9 Aug 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/yvette.salamon