Stepping Into – Winter 2019 Internships Applications are open
Do you know, or are you, a University student with disability looking for paid work experience that counts?
The Australian Network on Disability runs the Stepping Into Program twice a year. Stepping Into is a paid internship program designed specifically for university students with disability to assist you to gain meaningful work experience in your area of their study.
Opportunities are available in: Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Darwin, Canberra, Adelaide, and Tasmania.
Internship applications extended until 14th April 2019.
Students learn about the recruitment process, job interviews and if successful, gain exposure to degree-relevant work in a forward-thinking organisation. Internships generally last four to eight weeks (with the opportunity for flexible work hours to manage your disability or other commitments).The AND programs team are available throughout the entire process for support, advice and guidance on how to ensure your internship is a success.
This cohort their participating members include Arup Group, Australia Post, Comcare, Department of Social Services, IAG, Gilbert and Tobin Lawyers, and Office of the Children’s Guardian.
- Stage of study: final or second last year of university
- Discipline of Study: All are encouraged to apply
- Residency Requirements: Australia Citizen, Permanent Resident or International student with full working rights in Australia
- Complete their online application form.
- Deadlines for application have been extended until midnight 14th April 2019.
- The programs team at AND will inform if you are eligible and the AND Programs team will arrange the interview.
Before applying, please ensure you have the following documents prepared to submit
- University Transcript
- Proof of Eligibility (Disability Access Plan or relevant medical documentation)
For previous applicants and still eligible
- Email AND’s Programs Team and advise to copy your previous application and confirm your expected completion of your degree
- There is no need to attend another interview if you have attended one in the last 12 months
- Submit your top 3 preferences before or by midnight Sunday 14th April 2019
For more information, please visit the Australian Network on Disability (AND) website.