For more than a decade, the Ecoversity program has influenced the physical shape of our campuses, and the sustainable behaviour of our staff and students.
Here are some of the things we are proud of:
- Launched the University of Adelaide Campus Sustainability Plan in 2016, a $14.4m blueprint that will begin the University of Adelaide's transition to low-carbon operations.
- Engaged with tens of thousands of staff and students at more than 100 Ecoversity events.
- Hosted more than 70 Ecoversity interns.
- Winner of five Australasian Campuses Towards Sustainability (ACTS) Green Gown Awards and shortlisted for six others.
- Sponsored 27 undergraduates through the Ecoversity Award to attend sustainability-related conferences and events in Australia and abroad.
- Supported 30 on-campus projects with $700k of Green Project Funding.
- Co-hosted five community events with OzHarvest and the National Wine Centre, feeding more than 10,000 people with meals made of 'rescued' ingredients.
- Established edible gardens at North Terrace, Roseworthy and Waite.
- Rolled out the Kick ya Bin recycling program to more than 3,000 staff, helping to increase recycling rates by more than 300%.
- Installed 658kW solar at North Terrace, Roseworthy and Waite.
- Recycled more than 110 tonnes of e-waste.
- 45 Green Steps @ UoA graduates.
- Re-housed more than 800 items through the Furniture Re-Use Program during 2016-2017, saving University staff more than $200k in new furniture costs and preventing 12 tonnes of landfill.
- Sponsored 22 students to attend the Fairly Educated Conference.
- Installed water refill stations and more than 1,500 recycling bins at all campuses.